Ability to Reorder Views

This seems like a fairly simple request, and while I do appreciate feature development is a balancing act it would be great to get some idea of timescale on when this will be available. Being able to reorder views would be a huge help for my team as it means I can order views in relation to importance and relevance. I’ve added my vote and hope to see an update soon!

1 Like

YESSSS this would be so helpful.

This is such a fundamental request - you can see that by the depth of the comments here.

I’m really starting to become concerned about the responsiveness of Mondays development. I wonder if they dont really have the development resources needed to keep the product modern or at least maintain a basic level of upkeep. This really should have been done by now.

Im wondering about our teams future with Monday and the ability to grow with this platform…

3 Likes

Hi Everyone! I wanted to provide an update and let you know that development team understands the needs for this and are working on finding a solution. More here.

As part of our new feature request process we are working on providing responses our top requested votes and will keep providing updates on the status changes. All you need to know about our new Feature Request process.

6 Likes

Since there is actually no plans for this even though it looks ridiculous after all this time for such an apparent functionality one workaround is this.
Workaround 1

1. Monday seems to remember at which view you were the last time for each board.
  2. If you can live with the Main Table being first or second (if it is not the default view).
  3. You can duplicate the views in the order you want them to be and then rename them and delete the old ones.

Workaround 2 (Most similar to reordering but seems that it doesn’t save the favorites order when i move to another pc or browser)
You can set a default view and then in the reverse order you like them to be just start by adding them to your favorites.

1. Let’s say you want a Kanban View as first, you set that to default view, then if you want a calendar view second and Gantt view third, you first add Gantt to favorites and then the Calendar.
    Tip: Wen these are added as favorites their titles are practically hidden while adding them in the order you want and you have to click on another board and then click back on the one you were.
2 Likes

I agree with this feature request. I have found myself deleting views and recreating them from scratch just to get them in a reasonable order.

Thanks for these tips @taspan I’m going to try Workaround 2.

Add permissions to views at the same time.

3 Likes

order of creation doesnt always equal importance! Would love to be able to put the view needed for our leadership right at the beginning, needed to get our teams views up and running before theirs and now leadership has more click to get to their board

2 Likes

this thread started in 2019… come on man!

1 Like

I’m just here to add to the echo. This feature is a must!

1 Like

Agree 100%. In addition to re-ordering vie tabs, Being able to color code view tabs will also be an improved, positive user experience.

5 Likes

Obviously not ideal, but you can have leadership favorite their specific views so they’re first in order whenever they arrive on those particular boards.

Fingers crossed this update comes soon!

1 Like

4 years, 617 votes, a ton of comments, and “Under consideration”. Which according to Monday, means “while we understand the need for this feature, at the moment, this feature is not planned in our upcoming roadmap due to other priorities and team capacity”.

Amazing.

4 Likes

**** moves to airtable****

Not sure if anyone else figured this out but if you duplicate an existing view, it creates it at the end of the list. Just duplicate them in the correct order and delete the originals. Extra steps sure but it will accomplish what you are looking for until they implement.

3 Likes

This would be great rather than trying to hack the Favorites functionality.

This feature request started on September 2019!
It must be really hard for them to implement such basic feature.

At least, since I started using Monday, it seems that everything that I want has a feature request older than two or more years and it seems that no one cares.

2 Likes

Hi Everyone,

We have noticed that there has been a lot of request for this and after speaking with our product team about it, I am excited to share that this feature is now on our long term roadmap.

This means that our development team is starting to work on creating this feature, but we do not yet know when it will be ready. I know that this feature is important to many of you, so I will make sure to update it as soon as i know more information about the release date!

1 Like

I mean you guys are sitting on 1 billion in cash as per your latest balance sheet.

Maybe 0.1% of that could be used towards hiring 5 new devs so that such basic common sense features don’t take 5 years to fix? Just saying

2 Likes