Ability to Reorder Views

I really like all of Carson’s suggestions. That’s a second from me on these features.

2 Likes

@Carson Sorry for missing you in the tags, but really happy you saw it because this is such great feedback! Thanks for sharing :pray:

1 Like

No worries! Always happy to share my thoughts/ideas and give feedback :slight_smile: Glad you found it helpful!

1 Like

I like this suggestion. @amber this would be great. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just throwing another simple ideas.
Keyboard shortcut to jump to a board view via a switcher like the Board switcher that already exists.

For jumping to a board or doc you hit CMD+K or CTL+K on windows. The dialog appears and it presents in order.
Meaning to switch between 2 boards you simply hit CMD+K and enter.

While in the board it would be nice for a shortcut like say CMD+Shirt+K (or whatever the Monday team would decide as the best keyboard shortcut) to search the board views in the same manor.

3 Likes

Hi Amber

First of all this is something I have long advocated so it really is great news we are going to see a resolution

I will be honest, some of the ideas and detail coming from the community are well beyond what I was thinking so I think you are in good hands!

I did however, want to draw your attention to an issue I have been experiencing where we link boards to external software to take people direct to links (See reply from Monday below). This has caused me some issues and I would think if we are going to create view functionality, I would imagine a lot of the users will want to use the links. If then links are defaulting the user as per below - that doesn’t feel ideal to me. I would therefore like to suggest the ‘Permalink’ solution mentioned in the thread below.

Hope you feel that is a useful insight and worth knowing

Jumping Links Issue
Once you set a default view, every time a user visits the board for the first time , they will be directed to that default view.

However, if it is not their first time visiting the board, that user’s last viewed board view will be opened. This is saved locally per user, so even though the first-time visit will be determined by the default view, any time thereafter will redirect each user to the last view they were on.

So, moving forward, when you share a link to a board with someone from your team, you should also include the name of the board view you specifically want them to view, as the link to the board will take them either to the default view (if it’s their first time visiting the board) or the last view they visited on that board (which may not be the one you need them to reference).

I know it would be great to have some kind of permalink for sharing board views internally, and I will definitely flag this as feedback for our Product Team so they can consider this use case as they plan and implement improvements to our features.

1 Like

Just to weigh in on @amber’s question about view ordering…
In my mind, I feel like view order should be universal to a board. With the “favorite view” feature, individuals can already pin their favorite views to the beginning of the list. However, when training employees, it’s helpful to be able to say “Go to the PRODUCTION VIEW, it should be the 4th one from the left”. That keeps everyone on the same page. That’s just my particular view of this feature (no pun intended). But it might be easy enough to have an option for both behaviors: universal or individual-user, I’m all for customizability!

1 Like