Item lives on multiple boards

We previously used Podio. The automation options and capabilities were better as long as you had one of their higher tiered accounts but visually it wasn’t as easy to view things. They also really haven’t been working to keep updating and making the system better and it lacks any dashboards or functional charts. I don’t think there is really a perfect app sadly.

But I definitely agree, Mondays automation really need some upgrades, because they have a lot of limitations.

1 Like

Automations are almost there, but without taking things to the next level with features like this, Monday will start to lose customers like myself that thought there was more to depth to the product.

After many months, more robust connected board column automations are STILL not a thing. What about operations for automations like OR and NOT. Still missing. And maybe adding support for connected board columns on forms, not possible and who knows when or if that ever will be.

Meanwhile, Monday has been dumping development resources into completely unwanted and unused me-too features like Docs.

3 Likes

Good day,

is the Automation ‘‘When a statut change to something EMAIL someone’’ will be program soon ?

Hi @Nepenthes email me at niro@jetpackapps.co maybe we can assist

Hi Threadizens!
We created a comparison table for showing how VLOOKUP app is compared to monday connect boards. Check it out!

2 Likes

For those who follow this topic, below is from my recent post on the closely related thread: Mirror Column - Select Entire Board or Group. I would add here - with all respect to third-party app developers - I believe strongly that this full functionality MUST be native within the Monday platform.

7 Likes

Is this ever gonna be solved/enhanced in monday?

Mirror and formula columns should be able to work with any automation, including customized ones. It’s incredible this is 2 years + old.
Only standard status change automations help a bit, but are definitely not enough.
@BiancaT

2 Likes

Wondering if this will ever see an update. 2 years later and still no response? So much for listening to the community…

1 Like

Can we get the ability to use a mirror column within the gmail integration. Or all automations/integrations. A use case would be if you have a lot of info in one board and use other boards to separate data and use the mirror columns so you don’t have to re-enter the same info over and over. It would be great to have the ability to create an update whenever an email comes from “this email” column ( which is a mirrored column) that way you don’t have to go to two separate boards and having a ton of info on boards that aren’t relevant.

6 Likes

Hi Adam!

Lisa here from the monday.com team :slight_smile: My product team is currently looking at ways to support the mirror column within the integrations/ automations. To be transparent, this feature enhancement is pretty labor intensive, but I’ll be sure to ping the team on the importance.

Lisa

11 Likes

We’d really love that functionality too. Our use case is that we keep data on more than 80 subcontractors across 13 boards. On all boards we have two groups: ‘Active’ and ‘Inactive’. On the main overview board we use a status column to identify if a subcontractor is Active or Inactive and then an automation to move them between groups.

We then mirror this status column to the other 13 boards, but unfortunately can’t use the same automation on those boards. Ideally, we’d love to change a subcontractor to Inactive on the Overview board and have them shifted to the Inactive groups on all 13 boards.

7 Likes

Good afternoon,

Today I came across this subject while trying to set an automation for a mirrored date column.

Is there any update for this theme?

Regards

William Lacava

HI @WilliamLacava and @Miltime19! We released the ability to use the mirror in timeline and chart views. We are working on adding this to automations as well too! Stay tuned at monday.com/roadmap1 Cheers!

4 Likes

I would also like the ability to run automations off a mirrored status column. This would be super useful when there is a high-level board monitoring overall status of a workflow, and separate sub-boards to track specific stages of the bigger process.

2 Likes

I just realized this is not avaliable, i was working past week and weekend on a workflow that use the new automation recipes to create items in another boards and vinculate them.

Only to see that when i need to set automation for reminders on the mirrored dates they are not supported by automations !!!

Please in need and update on this, or i will have to change all the designed workflow…

@lauralev

1 Like

Hi @lauralev
can you update us on this !
this becomes more urgent to us in order we are using board integrations via automations

1 Like

Is it possible to please get an update on this? This would greatly improve our workflow.

2 Likes

Update please! It’s very important problem.

1 Like

Hi @fakof14 and @Demelza! At the moment, there’s not an update here. You are able to include the mirror column in the “notify” section of automation recipes. We’ll be sure to keep you posted! Cheers!

@lauralev,
tell me how can I organize this:

1. We have board named “Contacts” with customer’s phone numbers and emails.
  2. We have 5 boards with subproccesses where We inserted link column to Contacts and mirror columns with phone numbers and emails.
  3. We want sending emails and SMS (by integration with Gmail and Trello) to customers when statuses in these 5 boards are changing.

I tried to do it in many ways, but always Monday has some deficiencies that prevent such automation. It’s very annoying and makes the system unfortunately very limited.
Please do something about it quickly.

4 Likes