About the Link & Mirror function

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to share your feedback on this point. We understand the need for additions like this, and our team is working to continuously improve functionality of the platform.

While I don’t have an update for you, I do want to assure you that I’ve shared these points with our team to review!

1 Like

Is there any thoughts on the ability to link to different boards within a single column? Maybe this is possible, and I’m just missing it, but this would make for a powerful high level board.

Hi @mmaggart,
You can review this post about high level boards to find some inspiration:

Hello all - I just wanted to write on this thread once more with some insight. While we do not have a specific ETA for the multi-linking for mirroring, etc. I can say for certain that we are looking into this for with the hopes of getting to it in Q2 as I know a bunch of you have requested for this functionality.

If of course it does get pushed back, it should be something we do in Q3 :slight_smile:

We appreciate your ongoing patience, especially during these difficult times! Stay safe!

5 Likes

Hey @brett-monday.com,

my team is looking for a way to link items from many boards of structure A to one board of structure B with the automation “create an item in a different board when a status changes to somehting with the linking column in the board where the item is created”.

For this task we need the link column to be only depended on the structure and not on the board.

To give a context:
We have BOM (bill of material) boards. Because every part in them bom has to either be purchased or manufactured, we want to create an item, depend on the status to be create in a board for managing manufacturing or purchases.
Because the machine we design (a race car) has many parts (>2000 different ones) it is not suitable to put them all into one giant BOM board.

Will this be possible with the new version?

Hey @brett-monday.com, thanks for the update! I’m running into this same issue as well. I’m hoping to pitch Monday.com to my VP to have my entire team onboard onto the platform, and being able to use mirrored columns in my automations would be my case much stronger.

Any update on when this might rollout? thanks!

1 Like

@brett-monday.com @Julia-monday.com
There are any updates on this requested features? Use mirrored columns with automations and link AND mirror múltiple boards ?

Hello,

Also checking in to see if Monday has any eta updates on multi board linking functionality.

This is a base need for my project management needs…

1. having one Main milestone board
  2. having multiple sub boards supporting each milestone category
  3. linking all of the sub board delivery dates to the Main milestone board

Right now you can only link one board at a time so it forces me to update everything manually.

3 Likes

Hello @brett-monday.com , are there any updates from Monday on the mirrored columns for integrations and other functionality? Mirrored data currently appears to be “dead”, or for reference only - you can’t use formulae with number data, nor reference any mirrored columns in integrations. And linking is not always an option as as you can only link the first column from another board? Would be helpful to have an indication of time when this is likely to be changed. Thanks!

2 Likes

Hi everyone
Could we have an update on this please?
Thanks

Leaving a comment here as well to followup on this request. We need to be able to automate our linked items.

Any follow-up on this request @brett-monday.com? Not being able to notify subscribers (clients) through automations when Due Dates arise or when Status changes is really going to be a problem.

2 Likes

(upload://lkDaaRmRuNHfapPOKp1ubBigIjs.png)

It would be nice if when using the link to mirrored column function in the what’s done field that when you click on the items that are not done you can see what those items are.

1 Like

I would also like an update on this link & mirror function. Our team is new to Monday.com and I can’t help but compare it to Asana, where a task can be added into multiple projects, and whatever update is made on the task, it gets updated everywhere else. The updates are based on the task/item level, not the project/board level.

Our team was using Asana but then our project manager decided to shift to Monday.com because, as he says, it has inbedded dashboards and subtask tracking.

So now I’m having a problem with managing my tasks on my personal Monday board and making sure my task updates on my board are also reflected on our team’s main board.

I hope the Monday.com team can work this out real soon! Thanks!

2 Likes