Item lives on multiple boards

Deleted prevous post by mistake. So here it goies again :smiley:

It looks like its only for notify someone. There is so much more things they need to do with linked boards and mirrored columns, a lot of basic functionality is missing. Automations, integrations, not to mention when you move items between boards that have linked / mirrored columns or use some more advanced automations to automaticly create item in another board based on item that has linked / mirrored columns. Lot of stuff missing at the moment. Hope improvements come soon, it would help a lot to be able to make one integrated functional sistem and to really be able to use Monday as Work OS.

1 Like

Hi, i have posted the same in FAQ.

1 Like

(Re-posting here, in case someone comes looking at this thread):

Very unfortunate. Support has confirmed they only support the one action. But the feature announcement text sounded like it supported more and gave “endless opportunities” but the only opportunity is to notify someone :frowning:

1 Like

I hope they build out this feature fully. Mirroring is cool but it creates dead items that I then need to manually sort into groups based on status changes.

I was hoping for so much more on this. I was hoping to be able to create a formula based off of my mirrored column to give me a date 30 days after that date but it doesn’t seem to work like that. Hoping that we can have something like this soon.

1 Like

Anyone find a fix for multi board mirror and link. I NEED this so much to help link tasks to both a client board and an employee task board. It’s soo close to working perfectly.

3 Likes

@Becca-monday.com @JustinJ @brett-monday.com any news on this??
I am urgently needing to automatize a mirrored column.
Any updates on this? its been a really long time since peeps have been asking for this function :s

4 Likes

Already Q1 (almost a year further, no updates?), please get back to us with some prespective

3 Likes

I’m having the same issue. The mirror column is not functioning like a mirror column and reflecting the same information as in the original columns. This needs to be fixed. It appeared that the only thing that has been updated according to the string is the notification about changes to the mirror column.

The mirror columns would save us a lot of time by automatically duplicating changes on multiple boards.

1 Like

Hello Everyone,

Yes it looks like this request is up since now 18 months. I’m surprised that monday.com IT department didn’t touch this issue at all???

I think the mirror feature is so valuable that saves so much time.

Why this is not fixed at all?

I’ve just created a board with almost 80% of mirrored columns when I started to share the board to the team they were not able to see any of the mirrored columns at all which totally shocked me.

The Mirror column such a great feature but not completed not viewable either not able to use on formulas.

Monday.com IT TEAM Please ASAP FIX this.

Thanks

4 Likes

Also extremely concerned about this lack of functionality.
Sales reps had adamantly promised interactivity, and although not explicitly described this function, it seems crucial. Will have to rethink subscription if this is not improved very soon.

In the meantime does anyone have suggestions for workarounds to achieve similar results? Thanks.

1 Like

Simple automation… but not in monday.com

“when a status change in this board, change status in other board”

Could you fix this guys!?

1 Like

This was just activated like 2-3 days ago I think. You will need to utilize a “mirror column” but functionally it does what your are looking to achieve

I believe I have a related request / issue.

I have a CRM board and a Fulfillment board. I used the ‘Connect Boards’ column to link the two boards and pull in the “Name” field from the CRM board in the rows on the Fulfillment board. I’m also using a Mirror column to pull in the Geographic Region column from the CRM board to the Fulfillment board.

Where I’m stuck is in automations around notifications. I have an existing automation setup to notify subscribers when the status changes (e.g. from “In Transit” to “Delivered”). Previously, I was manually typing the Customer names in as the row Name but now, instead I name each row via the Order # and have the linked column for Customer names. When customizing the notification text, I am not presented with an option for the linked column (Customer name). Interestingly, I can see the Mirrored column as a choice, but not the column I’m looking for. As a result, either my notifications are less than useful (Order # isn’t a useful field) or I have to go back to manually typing in the Customer names into a separate Text field.

Is there something I’m missing? How can I reference the linked column in the notification?

I finally have a work flow with top level boards showing milestones for 30+ jobs.

I use lower level boards as task boards for each job. I use an automation where I change the Status to MILESTONE and it copies and links the milestone description to the Top Level Board.

Moving the timeline in the Top level board changes it in the mirrored column.

I have dashboards for each employee and for unassigned tasks using empty Virtual Not Assigned teams.

The weakness is that I cannot use the automation “Adjust this date to reflect the changes made in this other date of the same line item” on a MIRROR column.

If I had this capability I would actually have a workflow that could be taught to others.
It would be an end to end time and task delegation/management solution. It would achieve the Monday.com goal of selling more automations.

I tried other workarounds like calculated columns but no joy.

This thread is almost two years old.

Does Monday.com intend to address the issue with Mirror column usage in automations?

1 Like

Hi @scott.stanley can you share some screenshots or video to see your use case?

This is the task table.

This is the linked Top View

Dashboard links

Sample Dashboard

Sample Dashboard with virtual (empty) groups. The purpose for this is to not send a load of notifications a month or two before anybody is supposed to care. When the time is near, we assign the team that will be responsible.

Example of empty or virtual Team.

I know this would not work for everyone because there are limits on the number of dashboards.

Just being able to assign to a virtual empty team and filter on a dashboard is a huge help. It keeps us from distracting technicians with constant notifications that have no meaning for weeks. It allows us to begin planning their time weeks in advance.

The team leaders can go through the Nobody Assigned Shop and directly assign work a week in advance. Having dates defined by management helps team leaders know the expect priority or execution.

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing your screenshots, Scott. Nice setup you have there. Eventually you will be able to automate mirrored columns more easily, but in the meantime have you checked out the new Auto-Links app in the Marketplace? It may help with your use case: https://monday.com/marketplace/99

Thanks. Managing continuously changing/evolving schedules is the hardest thing we do. I am trying to get a process in place so I can do what I do better.

We already spend a fair amount on Monday.com. The tool is killer but currently has some bridges to nowhere.

VLOOKUP “This app is free to try and $39/month to fly”

That Vlookup appeared to maybe a solution but this really should not cost ~$500/year. It seems like their privacy policy was decent relative to some of the others.

I just tried the Vlookup app.

It does not allow you to drive the Timeline from a top level view. It does Status and a lot of other field types.

It does not allow you to use a mirror on one board to update a timeline on the same item.

There may be some things I have not discovered yet…