[Released!] Accessing time-tracking log via the API

I’m trying to build an application that will allow my employer to create custom time-tracking reports (ie time spent per person, per week, per project). However I’m not sure how to access the individual time entries for each project/item. When accessing “column_values” for the time-tracking column I get the general column information (see below)
“title”: “Time tracking”,
“id”: “time_tracking”,
“additional_info”: null,
“text”: “01:37:52”,
“value”: “{“running”:false,“startDate”:1562870160,“duration”:5872,“changed_at”:“2019-07-11T19:37:52.438Z”}”

However the data I need is the data that populates when looking at the time tracking log as shown below.

5 Likes

Hey @Rotikhord,
The access to the time tracking logs is not available yet but we are planning to do it soon.
We are also planning to enable all the time tracking abilities, like start and stop.

4 Likes

Any idea how far this feature is?

3 Likes

Hey @albac – we don’t have an exact ETA since we are working on a lot of different things. But it is on our roadmap and want to tackle it soon! Watch this space :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Any update for this feature?

3 Likes

Hey @d2g_patrick, no ETA yet, but I’ll pass your vote along to the team!

3 Likes

Is there still no ETA as of today?

This is a core requirement in order for our company to use Monday.com. Tracking time spent on each task and being able to export (or at least analyze) this on a per-user/project basis (with the exact dates/time a user has entered) for different purposes (legal, controlling, etc.). As far as I know this is not possible through either automation or API (v1/2), or is there any workaround we’re not aware of?

Would be great if this could be added ASAP, thank you in advance.

7 Likes

Hi @Ayelet and @dipro. Our use case is to be able to query out the time track detail so that we can streamline our time worked analysis. Currently we have a “heavily manual” process where we utilize multiple Apps and a spreadsheet to monitor time worked for our internal development teams. We are in a position to automate our processes if we can access this data and will save us a significant amount of time daily which can be converted into productivity and not lost to admin / data capturing. Any idea of ETA on when this data will be available on the API?

4 Likes

I’m looking for this feature too :up:

3 Likes

Hello, I am also looking for this feature to be added. is there an ETA on this?

3 Likes

Also looking for an ETA on this. The time-tracking export format is currently almost useless, because you have to interpolate the pulse name into each of the individual rows for the time-tracking segments. (It’s formatted more like a Word doc than a spreadsheet–which makes it useless for manipulating as a spreadsheet!)

API access to time-tracking data would alleviate this formatting problem for us. As is, we’re trying to figure out our short-term plan. Generating reports each month using this export is TEDIOUS, and we can’t (yet) use an API to fetch the data, so our only other option is to use some sort of time-tracking integration. But I’ve tried several of these, and they’re all terrible.

Please make this functionality a priority!

3 Likes

I’m also struggling to find any sort of solution for tracking time in Monday.com. Here’s what I’ve found so far:

Built-in time tracking

• Can’t export individual time entries, even via the API

Toggl Integration

• can only send time entries from Monday.com to toggl when a time entry ends.
  • Entries that are added manually or edited are not sent to toggl.
  • No time entries are synced from toggl back to monday.com

Harvest Integration

• Completely broken
  • The only option with Harvest is to create a new pulse every time a time entry is added anywhere in Harvest.
  • Every single monday.com project integrated with Harvest receives all time entries entered into every project on Harvest.
6 Likes

Hi,
We’re also looking to set up an export of our time track from Monday. We need the time to be split into week long groups for our invoicing. We can get the info we need by doing a manual excel export, but that is a slow, manual process.

All that we are looking for is data export, importing information is not important for our use.

4 Likes

I just heard back from @BenP-monday.com on this topic. Here is what he said:

Unfortunately, we do not have an update when the time tracking via API will be available. It is not on the radar as of now.

As for exporting boards with their raw data as CSV, it’s not possible either. Our current excel export is built to mimic the look of the boards themselves, and we don’t have a stripped-down version for use.

Does anyone else have a work-around for using time entries in any meaningful way?

3 Likes

bummer @BenP-monday.com . Not sure how it’s not even on your radar. ???

4 Likes

Hey weblifestores,

Thanks for following up about this. We know this is highly requested and have passed this along to the devs. That’s all we can say about it at this point.

When I say it’s not on the radar, I don’t mean it won’t happen in the future. I mean we haven’t heard anything about it yet. I apologize for the confusion.

When we hear about it, you will as well :slight_smile:

Best,
Ben

4 Likes

Great to hear. Thanks for the clarification.

3 Likes

This feature is very important for us as well!

3 Likes

With the release of Monday Apps and the upcoming hackathon, are there any new time-tracking parts of the API available?

3 Likes

This feature is vital to our workflow. Currently our project manager is spending an entire day extracting the data from the excel sheets as they exist currently. Please make this a priority so we can streamline our workflow and invoicing. Thank you.

6 Likes