Add attachments to email integrations

Also needing this feature here!
It would be really useful to solve some points in our workflow to be able to annex documents to automatic e-mails.

This is so really needed. Pleaase integrate this ASAP.

I’m looking for this also, need this ASAP

I just created an email automation to send the client a proposal document as an attachment, but they have to log in to download it. Can you make this optional, or a little more intuitive for whoever clicks the link?

1 Like

@monday-team Can any update be provided on this?

There needs to be a simple resolution to allow files to download from monday to non-monday accounts.

1 Like

This would be a great addition. As a temporary workaround, I send a webhook to integromat, grab the file, and attach it inside gmail… however… the file that is attached inside the email is corrupted (I can still view it from the board just fine) - any one know anything about this? The file im trying to attach is docx.

+1 to this suggestion as well. Hope we can get it in 2022!

On the same page with @dan-eland. Allowing PDFs to be opened through a link without having to login to the Monday.com platform is essential for our company sending invoices/ receipts / etc. to our clients. Hoping that this can be resolved.

4 Likes

@Julia-monday.com hi!
Can someone please update this?
We need to know how far is this to be implemented.

@hlopezvc Hey,

Is your use case specifically using automation to send emails which you need to contain attachments? I ask because I know sending emails using the Emails & Activities feature allows for attachments to be included but not with emails which are automated.

Cheers,
Julia

Hi @Julia-monday.com thanks for your response.
My use case here is very simple, we have pulses with some equipment maintenance information that is some kind of work order. Every time that a task is done we are now creating an integration via Eledo PDF that creates a PDF with all pulse information (As a form) and this PDF goes to a files column. In another column i have the customer email. So with a button i would like to create an automation that sends the generated PDF file directly to the customer email, with some text for introduction.

With that being said, can i do this via email & activities feature? The attachment process needs to be automated to retrieve the file from the file column where it was uploaded via Eledo App.

@hlopezvc
Right now it’s not possible but I did share this feedback directly with the product managers who work with the email and activities feature. I have a workaround if the pdf can also be stored outside of monday.com but appear as a link in your board using a link column. Then you can use the email integration to send the email automatically with a link to the file.

Thanks for continuing to share your feedback!

3 Likes

We have the same issue,

It would be great if a file I add in a file column, could be attached to the mail just as a regular file attachment, rather than a link.

We manage our courses through Monday, and I created an integration that sends out an email to the student, that includes their certificate from the file column, once I set the status to “Send certificate”

But since it is only a link, people from outside our company can not access the link.
I do not want to make it a public board, because there is sensitive client data stored there.

We are just recently moving all our processes to Monday.com, since our programming and automating crack is no longer with us, and we wanted to try and streamline our multitude of portals and tools as much as possible.

@Julia-monday.com how are you.
Could this thread be answered by a Monday team member?
A few years ago i have posted about this, and we still the same because there is NO way or alternative WAY to make this simple. A few years ago here in Argentina this feature was an amazing add on for our customers, and everyone was looking for this. Today we cannot make our customers happy about sending our digital reports in PDF directly via email instead of sending a download link that forces the user to register in monday.

Today here in Argentina, this feature is reachable on any simple app, example last day i got a PDF of my vehicle fleet service provider via whatsapp. (Integrating whatsapp also is not reachable via monday).

Hey @hlopezvc, thanks for the follow-up!

Did you see my response from February? Add attachments to email integrations - #32 by Julia-monday.com

Right now, I don’t have any further update but the team have seen the feedback and we will update if anything does change :slight_smile:

Thank you

1 Like

Hi thanks @Julia-monday.com
Surely i missed your answer.
Just want to say that this feature Is commonly found in any system or cloud service.

I hope this feedback could bring some priority to this feature.

Hi! I had the same issue so I’ve contact Docotive support and they crate this feature!
Now I can send Emails from monday.com with file attachment for non-monday usres
You have to check this

Hey mate, I cannot find that feature, can you share a link to this integration or how we access this feature?

Hi
you need to use Docotive App
https://docotive.com/

@jason.clark have you found a solution that works for your company? we have a similar dilemma, we provide print and design services and need to send attachment PDFs in just about every client email. as we have thousands, I cannot invite them all to Monday.com…unfortunately, the integration does not work for us, as our Outlook status does not support the necessary licensing…would love some assistance, before we ultimately stop using Monday.com because of this key disruption to our workflow (and I really want to stay, I love it here!!)