Add item trigger not triggered when duplicating a group

Hi team,

When duplicating a (set of) items, the “add item” webhook is triggered as expected. However when duplicating a group with existing items in it the “add item” is not triggered. This is a serious problem for one of the users of the Auto ID app.

Any thoughts from the monday team? @AlexSavchuk, interesting to knwo your thoughts on this one.

1 Like

Hey @basdebruin,

I was able to re-create this issue on my end - let me check in with the team on this one.

-Daniel

1 Like

hi @dsilva

Does monday treats this as an issues or is it “works as designed”. If it is as designed I wonder why there is a difference between selecting all items in a group (multi-select) and duplcate on one hand and duplicating a group at the other hand.

Hey @basdebruin,

On the backend the process for duplicating multiple items is different than the process for duplicating groups, which is why the webhook is not firing off right now.

I let the developers know so that we can look into modifying this on our end - but I don’t quite have an ETA for you at this moment to be 100% honest.

-Daniel

hi @dsilva

Thanks you for letting us know. I also tested this with a builtin automation with the same results, see: https://community.monday.com/t/re-auto-id-column-we-need-to-be-more-useful/7923/73

1 Like