Adding OR & NOT to the custom automations "Builder"

Hi all,

Firstly, we sincerely apologise for the delay in responding to this thread! We are working on improving our responsiveness to the community, particularly our feature request process so appreciate your patience in advance!

On that note, if you haven’t already noticed, conditions in automations are now supported when building custom automations :slight_smile:

Let me know if you have any additional comments or feedback.

1 Like

Hi Bianca, it appears that “AND” conditions are available for custom automations, but nothing else. Is that the case, or am I missing how to add “OR” conditions? negative conditions?

1 Like

Hey @max,

My apologies, you’re correct :pray: Whilst AND is supported, we are yet to support OR / negative conditions. So that we can consolidate all votes and better prioritise this request, would you be happy to redirect your votes to the primary thread for this request (most voted) here: Adding OR & NOT to the custom automations "Builder".

This way, we can plan to close this thread so we have we have all the votes in one place!

Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi there!
I agree would be great to have this update.
Kind Regards
Marc

1 Like

Do we have an update on this? The “or” is a fundamental way of cutting down automations and making operations much more smoother.

1 Like

+1, for example, Hubspot has a really great automations feature. With Monday, I have to create a new automation for every OR and it becomes hard to manage.

1 Like

@cphu Monday is releasing the Workflow builder (to replace or in addition to automations, not sure which) soon and this looks like it has the ability to have several IF statements that will accomplish this. Check out this post: Our new workflow builder is coming and we are looking for 'Alpha' users!

It’s crazy this isn’t already a feature and there have been little to no responses from Monday. Makes me reconsider signing up when my trial ends in one day. Do I need to do most of my integrations through zapier?

1 Like

I agree. I desperately need this and other “if” functions. I’m trying to work around this with just creating a million positive rules, but they are overlapping and causing conflicts.

1 Like

+1 from me. I continuously lament that I need to create far more automation recipes than seems necessary for my use cases, purely because I can’t have automation recipes say 'if status is this, OR if status is this, OR if status is this"

• For example, I just created a board that needed 50 different automations that would set different status values based on a pair of other values (long story short: the other two columns essentially had numeric values, and the new status being set in the third column was a combination of the two)… but if I could have used ‘OR’ statements, that would have easily cut that down to only 9 recipes needed.
1 Like

When the Workflow Builder is released, I think this will be solved. I haven’t seen a timeline from Monday on this though: Our new workflow builder is coming and we are looking for 'Alpha' users!

After discussing the the community feedback with our team, I am excited to share that this feature is on our upcoming roadmap. With monday Workflows, you can already use If/Not options in your automations and the team is working on a new conditions component, that will support And, Or, Is, Is not, Equal, Not equal. Even more robust conditions coming in the near future! Stay tuned.

Keep sharing and voting for new ideas and learn more about how our feature request process works here.

4 Likes

AMAZING! This is gonna be game changing :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This is such a critical missing feature.

3 Likes

So this basic logical condition for the IF predicate, namely the OR logical condition, still isn’t part of Monday.com despite being raised and then committed to on the roadmap over 2 years ago or am I missing something?

3 Likes

It’s a bit insane, isn’t it?

Just wanted to provide an update here.The product team is working on this capability in monday workflows. With the new workflow builder you will be able to add “OR” and “NOT” to your automations. Our team is aiming to finalize this feature for the workflow builder. Stay tuned and make sure your notifications are turned on to get the latest updates.

3 Likes

Good news !
I just wonder why this possibility would be only available on monday workflow, which is not complete at all compared to the actual automation builder especially regarding integrations, and also because it says Monday workflow might request additional payment later.
So I’m a bit confused…
Is is possible to clarify ?

1 Like

Hi, what timescales are we looking at here? (since this topic is 3 years old, and ive just started using Monday and have searched for this function)

To be clear, im looking for the OR functionality in Automations.

4 Likes

I also need the OR functionality in Automations.