Adding single users is needed

We have 30 users currently and just added a new member to the team. This felt like great news but we cannot justify adding 10 extra seats for an entire year when we will only be using one. It’s outrageous and completely unnecessary to pay almost an extra £2k for one user. Most software allows you to add single users freely, paying for the amount you use feels logical and fair. We simply cannot sign off budget to add extra licences if we’re not going to be using most of them so it’s a real sticking point on whether we are able continue, which seems such a shame.

It’s also silly that when you’re on annual, to add more seats you have to pay for another year which resets your annual billing date. It would be much better to pay a pro-rata fee for the extra seats from now, until your annual renewal date. Then when you’re billing date arrives you pay for those extra users for an entire year. This is how it works with almost all other software I’ve used over the years. We can’t just pay up for a full year again and again when we want to add more users as we have budgets to work within.

We’re happy with the software and it seems such a shame that these pricing issues are getting in the way of us growing our team in the software. Please look into this Monday as we’d have to have to leave because we’re being forced to pay for user licences we won’t use.

Hey Jack, thank you so much for your honesty and feedback.

We really do appreciate hearing your thoughts on our pricing model and experience with our platform. We are passing along your perspective to our team but in the meantime, I was wondering if your team had tried utilizing free Guest seats on your plan.

I completely understand this is not ideal, but many organizations find that a smaller plan size and using the free Guest seats allows them to cut costs on the monday subscription.

This doesn’t solve the problem but we’d love to know if this might be helpful in the meantime. Please do let us know! :pray:

1 Like

As someone who uses this as an individual, it would be good if there was a 1-2 seat upgrade that unlocks advanced features without having to upgrade to a 3+ seat account. I love using this app for personal organization, scheduling, and creating budgets etc. However, as an individual you are sort of forced to have to upgrade to a team account, even if you do not have one, to be able to use advance features. It would be nice to have accommodations for those who do that not have a team, by creating an individual paid account to unlock the same advance features as teams that pay are able to access, but at a price that is reasonable for 1 person, possibly 2 (for a partner/spouse).

I am happy to pay monthly, if there was an upgrade for the 1-2 seat individual account at a price point that makes sense for individual use. Thank you.

As someone who uses this as an individual, it would be good if there was a 1-2 seat upgrade that unlocks advanced features without having to upgrade to a 3+ seat account. I love using this app for personal organization, scheduling, and creating budgets etc. However, as an individual you are sort of forced to have to upgrade to a team account, even if you do not have one, to be able to use advance features. It would be nice to have accommodations for those who do that not have a team, by creating an individual paid account to unlock the same advance features as teams that pay are able to access, but at a price that is reasonable for 1 person, possibly 2 (for a partner/spouse).

I am happy to pay monthly, if there was an upgrade for the 1-2 seat individual account at a price point that makes sense for individual use. Thank you.

6 Likes

Agreed.

I know Monday.com will say that it is intended as a team app, and it absolutely works wonders as a team app, but it is also such a strong app for individuals and I would love to see an individual option at the enterprise package level.

I ended up having to buy 3 accounts even though I am the only person using it. I bought it for CRM purposes, but it was so expensive to go with 3 accounts when all I use is one.

Hopefully it gets released as an individual plan as Monday continues to grow!

8 Likes

Yes, I hope so too! Thank you for sharing, it is good to know I’m not the only one feeling this way.

2 Likes

Absolutely haha. I think they are just very focused on the team aspect for now. Oh well!

Cheers,

Daniel

2 Likes

Yes, I have found that to be the case as well. I sent a message to a representative and their only option for me at the time was to look for people to fill those seats.

Here are reasons I think Monday.com should consider our suggestion:

1. I think this would only help them out as I am sure there are others like ourselves that love the app, but are individual users.

2. It doesn’t make sense to have an individual account option, but then limit the individual from using the app to its potential unless they pay for three seats (even though they may not have 2 people to fill the others seats). I think if they decide to keep it as is, then they should rename the individual account to not say “individual”. I think it’s a bit disappointing for an individual to sign up to use Monday.com and then have to work more to keep using it (i.e. invite others to use it to unlock more items).

3. Their competition (i.e. Clickup) have plans that accommodate individual users, while they provide group plans like Monday.com. Therefore, this would prevent individual users from needing to switch to the competition to get their needs satisfied.

Btw, I share this as a fan of Monday.com and someone who believes in it’s appeal to individuals, if only they considered making the suggested adjustment.

7 Likes

Yea there are a number of pricing/bundling decisions that make no sense. For example, since you must use automations for recurring entries and handling completed tasks (which is native to say ClickUp), the 250 automations/month on the standard plan is useless so virtually everyone needs $16/month/user (annual) Pro

2 Likes

Hm, that’s a good point. I didn’t think about that. Thanks for bringing that up as well. It might be good for them to evaluate their price plans in consideration of these frustrations.

1 Like

In exact same spot. Used it at my last job fir large collaborations.
Have now set up on my own and using as CRM. Don’t want to pay for 3 seats for just me.
Now looking at Asana instead.

The reasons given are obtuse. I’d feel better if they just said “economically it doesn’t make sense for us for single users as you have the most support questions etc etc” or something.

2 Likes

EXACTLY!! I spoke to someone that manages my company’s account and my only option was to join the marketing teams account - I do work with that team so it doesn’t make any sense for me. It’s also silly because I would spend the same/more to gain additional features if 1 seat accounts were an option - but not since i have to pay for 3 that go unused.

1 Like

Unfortunately, I am coming close to maximizing my allotted items before I would need to invite others so that I can continue using individual. However, I don’t see how working more to continue using the individual account makes any sense, especially when the whole purpose of using Monday.com is suppose to make work more efficient. Also, I don’t know that I would want to invite anyone to use this for individual purposes, if they will eventually get stuck in the same dilemma. So I’m having to look at other options as well.

I’m hoping that Monday.com can catch on to the frustrations related to the individual plan and make it possible for us to pay a fair amount for an upgrade.

1 Like

Oh no, that is too bad Zacheryy. I too wish we didn’t have to pay for 3 seats to use 1 (with upgraded features). I hope that you can somehow work around that. Until then Monday.com fixes this, as toomanybarts mentioned, there are others that provide individual plans. However, that might be tough since I assume your company is currently using Monday.com.

Yea the pricing structure is frustrating, we are currently on 5 seats but could do with 2 more, however, the next package of seats is 10 seats. A doubling in monthly cost just to get 2 more seats is ridiculous.

Hope they do something about it soon!

1 Like

Couldn’t agree more. That was the first thing I noticed after I started diging into Monday’s features. I am all about automation and task workflow, but I am a one-person show at the moment. That doesn’t mean I don’t use automation and all the other Monday features. There are bound to be many like us who will eventually have teams and would like to have to have the Monday workflows and infrastructure in place to build on as we add employees to our businesses. I think Monday is missing a real opportunity here by not better accommodating this piece of their market.

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing lissenburgo. I had someone else express their frustration with the price point beyond the individual plan. It seems that there needs to be a careful look at all the price points to accommodate those of us in the gaps (or those that can’t occupy all the seats but could use the features).

That is true cyowell! Again I am a fan of monday.com, I hope that can find more success as the platform is great. Like you said if they can be more considerate of the voices that are not be accommodated with the current pricing plans, then I think they would have a strong appeal.

They should consider charging by the seats used rather than how they have it currently (3, 5, 10, 15, 20 etc.). That would make sense to me.

I just reached my max of 200 items under the individual plan. It doesn’t seem sustainable for me to have to invite people and wait for them to join in order for me to keep using monday.com. And I don’t feel it is worth it for me to pay for 3 seats when all I need is one. It looks like I have to start looking at using either asana or click up.

I hope Monday.com does something about this as I have been trying my best to raise awareness to this issue. I would’ve also appreciated some feedback from a representative on this thread, especially since I am not the only one that feels discouraged about the current individual plan price-point.

2 Likes

Since I"m needing to switch to an affordable individual plan, ClickUp has these prices that they charge per member and works similarly to Monday.com. This type of price plan makes more sense to me.

7 Likes

Similar experience. I used monday.com at work and enjoyed the full feature of monday.com. Since I’m on my own now, it doesn’t makes sense for me to pay for 3-seat for my single-seat usage.

And since I’m familiar with monday.com, I would gladly pay for single-seat usage but there’s no such offer available. Free Individual plan isn’t powerful.

When single-seat user begins to manage a team or starts their own company, they would gladly implement monday.com into the process workflow. I do hope monday.com would consider these suggestion.

1 Like