Adding single users is needed

Just realized today, after using Monday for about a month with all their free trial stuff and enjoying the Gantt view, that the minimum payment to get that is $30 a month since I have to pay for three seats. As a single user that is painful, but more importantly I feel that their marketing is incredibly deceiving. I expected to be able to pay $10 for a single seat after the trial ended. Now I’m highly unlikely to continue using Monday. Bummer.

1 Like

I was just about to switch from ClickUp when I realized that, in order to get formulas, I would have to pay $48/month since there is no 1-seat option! That is INSANE! I would be willing to pay the $16/month due to all of the additional features, but being the only person using the app for my company, there is no way I will stick with it paying that much. Back to ClickUp and searching for an alternative…

I’m really bummed, because I fell in love with Monday. I’m just glad that I realized this now instead of in two weeks after my trial! Agreed with recent user post - deceptive marketing.

+1 for a single person / 2 seat plan. Currently a one-person show here but would love to be able to use all the features without paying $81 AUD / month for 2 seats that I don’t use yet!

Came across this thread whilst pondering over the same issue. We’re a small UK business that is operated by 1 person (me). I needed some software to help with order management and scheduling so signed up to the trial and the product is perfectly meeting my needs.

Now the trial is about to come to an end, I am forced to sign up to a 3 seat plan.

I spoke to monday about it but they said it’s basically just the way it is and they couldn’t help.

I even illustrated how clickup were offering me to sign up for their individual plan at just $5 a month, with many more features than even their $9 plan (which at 3 seat min works out to $27).

I think monday.com is missing a big trick here as I imagine a lot more individuals would be signing up at that kind of pricing.

As for me, I’ll likely be reluctantly moving off of Monday.com due to the pricing structure

1 Like

I loved Monday.com when I worked in a team of developers. I started my solo way, and I can say I will really miss some Monday features as Time tracking, for example. I don’t need a team access, only a couple of guests at a time.

I request a special plan for freelancers like myself:

• One important Pro feature - Time Tracking
  • 1 user
  • 1-2 guests.
  • Price as for 1 Pro user ($16 per month).

It’s a bit too much to pay for inexistent 4 users. 5-member teams have a great advantage given by Monday pricing over those who work solo, as they pay for existing team members who work and make money.

Of course I understand that for Monday it’s much better to get payment for 5 users even if there’s actually one, the math is quite simple. But in my case (and I guess some others too), it will be just nothing at all, 0 users instead of 1 - thanks to Corona I can’t afford 1 year Pro for 5 users.

And time tracking is the most needed feature for me from Monday (comments on tasks are good too). Maybe it’s better to get a little less money per user but from much more users?
In case if I grow as a company, and Corona-crisis ends (it will once), it will be necessary to move to 5 and more member plans. But for now - not… Your thoughts?

P.S. I have 2 days more to enjoy Monday time tracking of 7 days trial. I’ve tried a few more apps with free time tracking feature, but I’m used to Monday, I like UI here, and I’m willing to pay for that. Just not for something I never use.

Hey, there is a 2 person plan. We’re on it. I think you have to email support to ask for it to be applied to your account.

4 Likes

Wow, sounds good. I’ll contact support then to get more info.

1 Like

Well, 2 Users is an interesting plan, but still is a little too powerful. No need for a second user in a freelancer case, guests are enough. Saving money by not paying for an unused feature is very important nowadays, so The 1 User Plan - The Freelancer plan - is a needed thing for me. And, I suppose, for many other people like me, freelancers and self-employed alike.

I’d buy 1 User Pro plan immediately if there was one.

7 Likes

@Aleksei - you should want 2x users. All freelancers should have at least a VA/PA or other. Your time is valued at $20, $30, $70, $200 per hour - whatever it is.

Give all those $10 p/h jobs to someone you can trust who will get them done well for you with pride and accuracy. And then you can spend more time doing what you do best, bringing in more $ per hour.

You won’t regret it :slight_smile:

Best,
Alex

3 Likes

I would favor a little more expensive fully featured Freelancer option, pay for the features but 1 user…as a freelancer the more powerful features are important and paying for the extra users to get them is hard to accept.

3 Likes

Yeah, a singer user account would be great and I’d get it along side our business account for personal use, so they are leaving money on the table by not allowing it.

3 Likes

Alex, thanks for your thoughts :slight_smile: I’ve been using the 2-users plan for a month now, but I would prefer start paying for a second user only when he/she appears in my team. Though I see the business scheme of Monday behind it, understand it, and even had actually accepted it by buying the plan, I’d be far more glad to see Monday moving towards self-employed users, not in the opposite direction (by which, by the way, they removed even 2-users plan from the official price table).

2 Likes

I can definitely see a need for this, particularly from a freelancer developer point of view.

However, I think that having 5 users available for test purposes, eg. for representing Teams, is essential. The difference is that they won’t be real users. I’d set them up with test email addresses only.

1 Like

There is a 7-days test period with no limitations of functionality and number of users, it’s already enough. And if you wish testing longer you definitely may buy 5-users plan.

1 Like

I’m in exactly the same position, having used monday before I love the platform but now as a freelancer I can’t justify the overhead of paying for 3 seats.

If there was an option for a standard or pro plan with 1 seat. or a specific freelancer plan with the subset of the features which are specifically important to freelancers. I would pay for a year subscription now in a heartbeat, as it is I’m currently getting used another platform but I prefer monday.

4 Likes

Same for this. Used it for myself for a month, was about to buy it, but since I can’t have 1 user I will be finding something else. Seems shortsighted. I might come back to it someday if this is doable.

1 Like

Hi @amlstuart - Sending you a PM

1 Like

PM me as well ._. Really want to get back to Monday, but can’t justify paying for 2 extra users I won’t have.

2 Likes

Same here!!!

I love Monday, love those features which are really useful for me to manage my OWN work.

I would pay for the single user pro if there is immediately, but now because my trial ends, and I can’t even use it, but I have to mange all those stuff on my own, so I have to move to asana as it’s free for individual.

3 Likes

I am in the same position, as a sole trader. Have loved the trial period functions of Monday.com Standard/Pro plan, but will have to find something else. Would be willing to pay for 1 user.

2 Likes