Adding TOTAL Number of Hrs Per Task/Day Feature

I love the time tracking feature but what would be really helpful is an option to manually add total number of mins/hrs per task task per day.

As a business owner and manager, I do a lot of things/tasks during the day. I don’t always have time to start and stop a timer or sometimes I do things on the go on my phone. When I do a lot of things throughout the day, I would like to be able to add total number of hrs instead of having to select the exact time I did the task.

It’s very time-consuming when I have 20+ tasks per week and I have to manually pick a time during the day that I did the task and also have to use the calendar to pick the date. I should be able to write the date in myself and total number of hrs I took to do that task during the day.

I may have spent 2 hrs doing a task but it was an accumulation of hrs throughout the day, it’s a time waster to go in and have to add 4 different times that I worked on the task throughout the day especially since I can’t edit the time tracking column in your app so I have to wait to get home to do that on my desktop.

There should be two options for time tracking, a timer mode like you currently have and a timesheet feature, meaning, I should be able to select a task and enter total time per task/day.

Hoping this makes sense.

3 Likes

Camila,

What a great suggestion, may I add that if such feature gets developed that there be permissioning to such column and have board owners have the rights to override or enter times.

1 Like

There should be two options for time tracking, a timer mode like you currently have and a timesheet feature, meaning, I should be able to select a task and enter total time per task/day.

Just a thought: can you add a separate Number column to serve as a timesheet?

1 Like

Good idea. I don’t know why I never thought of that. I will try it.

To the Monday team, it would also be great if time tracking column worked on mobile. It’s time consuming for people to have to update their time tracking only on desktop.

@JohnW and @camillacaban

The timetracking does allow entry, but forces time selection (eg. 12.00pm to 1.00 pm = 1 hr). We just use 12pm as a start point for those items we are not actually tracking time of day on and most commonly use the field for data entry and not for running the timer itself (since that’s often forgotten).

Additionally, timetracking columns ARE now available on mobile, but do not appear to allow the more practical functionality (manual time entry) that we need. A workaround until they do is to have a numbers column for mobile use and (through an automation) remind the user to update the time column when the basic number column is not zero. This way they can record time on the go, but clean it up a bit when they are at the computer.
just a thought…

The timetracking does allow entry, but forces time selection (eg. 12.00pm to 1.00 pm = 1 hr).

Yep, see what you mean @straister .

Be great if we could just manually enter the hours rather than forcing them via redundant time selections.

We too would love a way for our team to add just the hours without using the time selection (eg. 12.00pm to 1.00 pm = 1 hr) as well a timesheet function.

The teams biggest complaint about using the time tracking is what a nuisance it is to get the hours in. Due to the nature of our team, toggling the start stop function on time tracking isn’t practical either, though still a useful function for most I would guess.

In short, use the calendar to pick a date and have an option to enter hours & minutes without having to use time selection (eg. 12.00pm to 1.00 pm = 1 hr)

2 Likes