Admin Folder Delete Ability (Bug/Feature?)

I’m not sure if this is a bug or a feature, but when you’re an admin, even with highest permissions, you cannot delete a folder if someone else created it. Even lower permission users.

Screen Shot 2020-01-19 at 10.15.23 PM

The best an admin can do is rename the folder with something like “Delete Me”. Since it’s not a board, it does not contain a log of who the creator was, which means finding them to request deletion can be difficult.

I’m unsure if this is a bug or a feature, but the ability to delete/alter pretty much any thing is essential for those with admin/owner rights so they can moderate the system appropriately.

I think this issue happens when in this folder are a board that you have not created.
We have seen the same issue, and i dont know how to solve this.

Hi Aaren, thanks for writing in!
When deleting the boards inside, the folder should not be displayed anymore so this looks like a bug. Could you let me us know if you’re still experiencing the issue. And to rule out all possibilities, is it possible there are Private/Shareable boards inside the folder that you don’t have access to?

Hi Noa — I had the user delete the folder so it’s not an issue for us anymore, but it can still happen.

I suppose it’s possible there’s a private board, but as an admin I have no way within Monday to confirm or disprove that unless I go ask all of our employees, which isn’t realistic. If admins had the ability to see but not access any private board, that’d definitely help.

Thanks!

1 Like