Greater Control about Advanced Filters (and + or)

Adding another steady +1 to the pile for this, since this is definitely comes across as a bug, given that the Support Page for Filters calls out “Note: When adding multiple conditions, you can choose from “AND” or “OR” to allow you to narrow down your results to exactly what you need!” in a helpful little blurb… despite the fact that this bug actually prevents us from actively narrowing down results without using some sort of work around like a formula column.

2 Likes

I couldn’t agree more. This is a must for the advanced features.

Gets my vote too.
Monday.com appear to be dragging their feet on this one :triumph:

1 Like

+1 We need that feature too.

1 Like

Absolutely, yes. Cmon Monday, you can do it! And-or-filters for the win, should be doable and quite important since it affects all boards?

1 Like

+1! Or at least change the name, as these are the least “advanced” filters I’ve ever encountered.

2 Likes

Is there an update on this? Thanks!

1 Like

yes we really need this! @monday-team do you have an update?

2 Likes

You should be able to make filters by both “AND” & “OR”.
It shouldn’t make all of the conditions be either “AND” or “OR” if you only choose one.
This is weak filtering. Conditions should be able to be “AND” and “OR” where applicable.

1 Like

I agree. Not having the option for both is an unnecessary limitation.

Hello, I would like to use both And & Or when filtering, but it only allows me to use 1 filter type.
For Dashboard, I would like to view Owners are XYZ OR Subtask Owners are XYZ AND Status is XYZ.

How am I able to use both when filtering?

I want to show tasks with selected statuses on two different status columns (i.e. an OR of two different field values) but also want to And that whole piece with those due to start after a certain start date.
e.g.
(((Priority = “Priority”) or (Status = “Working on it”)) AND (Earliest Start Date Is on or before TODAY ))

This would be easy if the Filters allowed nested conditions.

How does monday.com not have this? How are there only 9 votes for this? This is such a basic need.

1 Like

You can actually do this if you use the rest API manually. It looks they just don’t expose it with the query builder. Be warned, updating it this way will cause the query builder to be broken until it’s reverted to a supported structure.

1 Like

Please add filter operators like “contains,” “does not contain,” “is empty,” or “is not empty” for text fields and filter operators like “is greater than” or “is less than” for number fields.

Also, please add boolean AND and OR operators to allow for more refined searches when filtering across multiple fields.

As an example, I have a lookup column. And I have a status column. And I want to be able to easily create a saved view for all the rows where the lookup column field is empty OR the status column value is Done.

Thanks!

Hello @hughmacken,

In the meantime, if you’re not doing that yet, you may use a new formula column with an IF/OR to filter those values and then select this column as a filter in your board filter.

1 Like

Great idea, thanks Pedro!

I came here to request exactly this flexibility in the filter function! It is really lacking!

2 Likes

Thought I’d throw my hat in here and (or) create an account just to say it’s been 2 years. Any progress? I think this has got to be a bug.

1 Like

+1!! I need this on the dashboard to help with reporting! please and thank you

1 Like