API V2 endpoint does not recognize version 2023-10 changes ? Is there a new endpoint?

We are using the monday API endpoint https://api.monday.com/v2 which is currently working fine without the breaking changes mentioned in new version 2023-10.
However, when I implement the changes required for 2023-10, the query works fine from the playground on the monday.com developer center, however produces an error when I attempt to run the same query from Postman or from my web application.
For example, one of the required changes is to use items_page for nesting group level items , whereas previously it was just items attribute under groups. But the error received when using items_page is as follows :
“errors”: [
{
“message”: “Field ‘items_page’ doesn’t exist on type ‘Group’”,
“locations”: [
{
“line”: 15,
“column”: 7
}
],
“path”: [
“query”,
“boards”,
“groups”,
“items_page”
],
“extensions”: {
“code”: “undefinedField”,
“typeName”: “Group”,
“fieldName”: “items_page”
}
}
],

The query request body being sent in the request is as follows :

query {
boards(ids: [414373342]) {
id
name
groups(ids: [“topics”]) {
title
id
items_page(limit: 500, query_params: {order_by: [{column_id: “name”}]}) {
cursor
items {
id
name
column_values(ids: [“date4”, “status27”, “status40”, “status727”, “text65”]) {
id
text
value
}
}
}
}
}
}

The above query works fine from the developer console playground , just not from an external application like Postman.

Prior to making these changes, the request body that is being used and still works fine from Postman is as follows :
query {
boards(ids:[414373342]) {
id
name
groups(ids:[topics]) {
title
id
items {
id
name
column_values(ids:[date4,status27,status40,status727,text65]) {
id
text
value
}
}
}
}
}

Is there a new endpoint besides https://api.monday.com/v2 that needs to be used to implement version 2023-10. If not, how do we implement these changes ?

I would recommend reviewing this support document: API Versioning which links to the section on setting the API version.

Short answer is a header of “API-Version” and value is “2023-10”. If using the monday-sdk there are convenience methods described in the article.

1 Like

Hi @dingo_ate_my_pb

Welcome to the community! There is no other endpoint for 2023-10 version of the API. The API uses 2023-07 by default. If you want to use 2023-10 you have to specify this in the header of the request. See also API Versioning

You can test the new version of the API in two ways:

Using the version selection button in the API playground (instructions)
Passing the following header in your HTTP requests: API-Version: 2023-10 (instructions)
1 Like

Thank you for the response. With API version provided in the header, it works fine.

1 Like

Thank you @basdebruin for the help!

1 Like