Automatically populate due date with end day in timeline

I would love to be able to set the timeline for a task and have the end date of the timeline automatically populated the due date for that task. Is this possible?

Hi @Caleb_Christensen! At the moment, there’s not a way to set an end date on the timeline but we are looking to add this capability. I’d love to understand your use case in more depth so we can understand how to best implement this in the future! Cheers!

1 Like

I would also be interested in this feature, we are managing using the timeline mostly but it would be ideal for the due date to automatically populate based on the end of the timeline period - which i turn is moved out but the dependencies.

1 Like

We love how timeline columns can be set to deadline mode and sync up with status – great way to plan out workloads over the week. I was bummed to see that the “due date” automations are unavailable to this method of working. Shouldn’t it be that due “due date” = End day of Timeline, for those that are set to deadline mode?

3 Likes

I have a similar need! We use the timeline more as a reference and sync our final due date to status. I would love for the timeline to automatically calculate with the date the item was created as the start and final due date as end. This way, if the final due date changes, the timeline will change with it.

Ex: Today I input a request for a flyer due March 5th. The timeline would populate from Feb 25-March 5. I then change the due date to March 20, and the timeline automatically updates to reflect that final due date without changing the start date.

4 Likes

I have a similar need without automation that can be associated with the timeline, the Due Date has to be used. Without some sort of logic you find yourself adding these in 1 by 1.

1 Like