Automations Recognize Formulas

We need automations to recognize formulas!
I’m a process developer for my company and I have spent the last 11 months trying to become the resident “expert” in Monday.com here. With that being said, any time I introduce a software to my processes my goal is to make the software work for us, not the other way around.

We are a manufacturing/construction company and our world revolves around the “Need on site” date. We then use formulas to work backwards to give us our material order by date, when to start fabrication, etc.

I have rebuilt our current excel tool into Monday.com using the formula columns and it works great. The only down side is that even though I format my formulas as dates, Monday doesn’t recognize them as dates and automations don’t work. Yes, I could input date columns into the board but then my co-workers will have to enter all of the dates manually which is inefficient and dates aren’t dynamic. With around 15 projects going on, each having a board like the one I mentioned, there is a high risk of dates being missed without an alert system (automations).

There are many other application for this to be helpful beyond dates. I hope there are other power users who have the same pain that can help make this a high priority.