Automations Trigger by Mirror Column

I’d like to be able to trigger an automation using a mirrored column. For example, to notify when a mirrored date arrives, or to move an item when a mirrored status changes.

I like that I can put information in one place and see it everywhere I need to, but where I no longer have to enter duplicate information I now have to put in some extra leg work checking and moving things manually.

I 100% support this. It would be incredibly helpful if this had to ability to notify someone within the board the mirrored column is present when a change occurs and such

Hi @ksopas - while this is still a work in progress there are some automations available with mirrored columns. such as:

• When a status changes to something notify someone
  • When status changes to something change another status to something
  • When status changes from something to something else, notify someone
  • When status changes to something, stop time tracking
  • When status changes to something start time tracking
  • When status changes to something, set due date to current date plus some days
  • When status changes to something, set due date to current date
  • When status changes to something, start time tracking. When it changes to something stop
  • When status changes to something, create an item in board
  • When status changes to something, change another status to something (Note: mirrored status supported as trigger. Supports mirror columns of subitems)

As for moving between groups, this is still missing. We get around this by creating a second duplicate status column and use the automation: When status changes to something change another status to something then use the duplicate status column to trigger the move to another group.

It’s additional overhead, but it works.

Thanks
Mark

1 Like

Mark, thanks for letting me know that some of these features are available! Unfortunately this does not seem to work with non-Status type mirrored columns yet. I’d like to see this expanded.

1 Like

Completely agree with you here, @ksopas
In theory the mirrored columns are a good idea but there is no actual functionality that is of any use.
I want to automate a date field to be updated across two boards when a status is changed on one board. Not that hard in theory but Monday.com can’t do that.
It would be great to have some useful updates for once in this program.

Could you possibly help me figure out how to use these?
I would love to use * When status changes to something change another status to something.
But when I try to create the automation it doesn’t even show the mirrored column as available.

Never mind.
I figured it out.

My issue is a little different. My automations apparently are not able to see the mirrored columns. I have tried the suggested automations but this is the only thing I see.

Screenshot 2022-04-08 at 11-09-40 (5) Billing

You can see from the screen shot of the board I have three mirrored columns but I am unable to use them at all in an automation.

1 Like

I’m also having this issue. @austensaari1 how did you figure it out?

@jake.armstrong I haven’t totally resolved it. However, I had some one from support mention that mirrored columns are NOT available in custom recipes. You have to use the pre-made automations.

1 Like

Hi! How did you make it work? I am trying the same and having the same problem as you!

It can’t be done from a “custom” recipe - it’ has to be done with the premade statuses.
I clicked on “status” on the left and it was the 3rd recipe.
Hope this helps you all :slight_smile:

Anyone work out how to do this with an ‘Owner’ people column that is a mirror. I tried from a custom and it still does not work.

Many thanks
Lisa

1 Like

@MaxLogic_Lisa @cherylbenke @Susana @allegro23 @jake.armstrong @austensaari1

Nir from Jetpack apps here. I wanted to let you know about our VLOOKUP app that helps trigger an automation using a mirrored column. With VLOOKUP you can commect nultiple boards while keeping monday native reporting, permissions and automations.

Let me know if you have any questions
https://jetpackapps.co/?page_id=5666

Has anyone come across a method of triggering an action based upon a multi-board mirror status column. I have tried vlookup, column magic and Autoboost - none of these seem to do this.