Board relation column linking to a deleted item(s)

Hello Community

What is meant to happen when I have an item in a board, to which another board in another item is linked (via a ‘connect boards’ relationship) and that item is deleted? sometimes i notice that the link to the deleted item is still present in the other board, causing some unwanted effect (incorrect summations in mirror columns, etc.)

I know deleted items are meant to be rare, but it is hard to prevent all our users from deleting items (e.g. when mistakes are made, etc.) Is there a way to gracefully unlink an item as it is being deleted?

Failing that, are there any plans to add a webhook (or a recipe trigger) for when a user deletes an item?

1 Like

Hi,
I think I’m having the same issue.
I recently noticed that when I delete an item which is referenced elsewhere (e.g. has an item linked to it or dependent on it), the reference stays (even though the item no longer exists and cannot be accessed for editing).
In my case I needed to move items to a different board as part of restructuring my board set-up. I thought the easiest way to do that would be to delete the original items (assuming the references would be deleted) and then recreating the references to the new location. However, since the references did not get deleted I had to manually remove them and recreate everything (for more than 100 items…).