Board types with icon representation

As a user, I would like the ability to quickly visualize board types in my board list (left panel).

Boards could benefit from iconic type images and other attributes such as tags, colors, etc …

7 Likes

Hey Danny,

We’re working on this now! We have just released a test whereby the left pane merges all of the boards together in one list and uses icons next to the board name to show if the board is shareable or private. Would you like to test this?

3 Likes

Hi
Yes, i noticed that yesterday in the beta options. I activated it and am now using it.
I would like to see a little more features in this including:
Customizing floder colors
Adding a custom icon before (or after) the board name like you have to identify the type but for our own types. We use Project boards, Discussion boards, General list boards, Quote boards …
Also, and I have this as another feature request; having the ability to create sub-folders.
But all and all, this is a great start :wink:
Thanks
Danny

3 Likes

Cool, thanks for the feedback. Glad you’re enjoying the new feature so far! Will pass this along :slight_smile:

Good call Danny. I spent 20 minutes the other day adding emojis before board names… only to find they disappeared the next time I clicked on the board!

1 Like

For the moment, emojis are not supported indeed…

@Danny I love your suggestions regarding icons and colors ! I am sure big companies would benefit from that

1 Like

+1 on the Emojis! I set them for my Boards and Status updates only to find out that they disappeared shortly after. :sob:

+1 on this. One of the best things about Monday is how versatile the boards are, so my team uses them for many different purposes (task management, project management, CRM, admin process tracking, etc.)

As we start to add more boards it can be difficult to intuitively know what type a board belongs to. Icons or color-coding that can be applied to each board would greatly improve our ability to navigate boards quickly.