Broken API - StatusColumn

Hi,
We are using Monday API in one of our automations. 16 days ago, it was suddenly broken and we started to get status_code 400. Important to say - we didn’t change anything in the board or the code, so I wanted to make sure that there is no change in the API.

The error is:

{"error_code":"ColumnValueException","status_code":400,"error_message":"change_column_value invalid value","error_data":{"column_value":"{\\"index\\":1}","column_type":"StatusColumn"}}

And the query used is:

requests.post(url="https://api.monday.com/v2/",
                          headers={'Content-Type': 'application/json',
                                   'Authorization':MONDAY_TOKEN},
                          json=payload)

with the payload (as an example):

{'query': 'mutation($column_values: JSON!){change_multiple_column_values (board_id: ##########, item_id: ##########, column_values:$column_values) {name}}', 'variables': {'column_values': '{"text": "\\"some_text\\"", "status30": "{\\"index\\":1}", "status8": "{\\"index\\":7}", "status4": "{\\"index\\":17}", "status7": "{\\"index\\":17}", "status0": "{\\"index\\":8}", "text0": "\\"24\\"", "status60": "{\\"index\\":17}", "status83": "{\\"index\\":17}", "text8": "\\"some_text\\""}'}}

Is using index still supported for Status columns? Is it something else?

Thanks for your help!

Hi, noticed it as well for change_multiple_column_values . Stopped updating on Friday

Hey @michael.latar and @Johnathon – thanks for letting us know! I’ll take a look and escalate this to our dev team.

As for future bug reports, the best way to notify us would be via an email to support@monday.com – we reply much quicker!

Anyway, I’ll escalate this and get back to you :slight_smile:

Hey @Johnathon and @michael.latar – our developers need a little more information to get to the bottom of this. I’m going to reach out to you via DM so we can figure this out together.