Supporting guests on teams

Looking to add my customers to groups by their organization,
Thanks

We need the same for our external staff.

Hi @RyanBY - Yes, Guests can be added to Teams in monday.

Cheers Mark,
Looking at the teams members options, looks like I can only add team members (users/ viewers) but not external guests.

Would be much easier to manage everything in the group level rather than individuals based.

Hi.
Well… this is correct or dont???

Hi @RyanBY - something has changed. This functionality did work up to a few days ago and has mysterious disappeared.

I have double checked a few client accounts and they have guests in teams, but are no longer to add new ones? I am going to follow up with Monday to see if this is a bug or a change…

Mark

1 Like

It hasn’t worked for us at Polished Geek ever that I can recall, @mark.anley . I did try a sneaky workaround - I made someone a member, added them to a Team, and then changed them back to Guest. But alas, they were removed from the Team automatically, so that doesn’t work either.

@PolishedGeek - very strange! As mentioned I double checked a couple of clients we had this set up for and it worked as of a few days ago. Now an error is received.

So, we need someone from the Monday team to know whats going on with this…

I have run into this problem also. Would be great to add guests to teams, to manage access rights more efficiently.

Can someone please tag monday official support team?

As to my knoledge, it’s stake that guest can not be invited to groups, please refer to guest documentation

Did anyone find anything out about this yet?

Hey team! Does anyone know how to add guests into different teams?

Would be great to have it a feature!

Cheers!

4 Likes

Can’t be done currently based on the info in Monday Support articles.

Thank you! I will add it as a request :slight_smile:

1 Like

Include a reason for adding it. Specifically why you would find it useful. Helps the Monday devs prioritise their workload.

2 Likes

The new Viewers user type allows people to be added to teams but doesn’t give any edit privileges. Hopefully this means Guests will be able to be added to teams too as we’d love the feature.

Hey @Krishele @JohnW @ElenaK that’s correct at the moment guests can’t be added to a team. I’d love to get more insight here to share with our team. Can you let me know a use case for this in your workflow or how this would help your workflow? What does a team consist of in your workflow?

Let me know and I’d be happy to share this with our product team! :slight_smile:

1 Like

We have a few of our Sales Reps set up as Guests so they can edit boards related to their team projects. We don’t need them to be a full user as they’re not responsible for setting things up. However, it would be nice to be able to include them in a group for ease of mentioning or notifications via automations.

4 Likes