Change Item Name value

Why isn’t it possible to adjust the item name from the API. It seems like a very basic feature that is missing.

Hi @n.thijssen :wave:

While I don’t have much of an answer as to why you cannot currently change an item’s name, I certainly agree that it’s a missing basic feature :slight_smile:

I’ve shared your feedback with the team here for review and consideration as we continue to make improvements to our API! :muscle:

-Scott

I don’t think it’s missing…

mutation {change_multiple_column_values(item_id:123456789, board_id: 123456789, column_values: “{“name”:“XYZ”}”) {name} }

7 Likes

You’re right that works! It’s simply missing from the documentation. Thank you JCorell!

1 Like

@JCorrell man, you are literally a rockstar! Just to share the impact that had on the community, other users are also referencing your solution even today :slight_smile:

Thanks so much for sharing. Love it!

-Alex

This is no longer working.
Query (in the playground):
mutation { change_multiple_column_values(board_id: 646358992, item_id: 646359016, column_values: {"name": "edit"}) { name } }
Returns:
{ "errors": [ { "message": "Parse error on \"name\" (STRING) at [2, 90]", "locations": [ { "line": 2, "column": 90 } ] } ], "account_id": 6625720 }

Switching "name" in the query to name results in a 500 error.

This was my own error - for reference, I missed that the entire column_values value needs to be a string, not an object.
e.g. this works:
mutation { change_multiple_column_values(board_id: 646358992, item_id: 646359016, column_values: "{\"name\": \"edit\"}") { name } }
this does not:
mutation { change_multiple_column_values(board_id: 646358992, item_id: 646359016, column_values: {"name": "edit"}) { name } }

1 Like

NEWBIE here, how do I add that code to monday?

@Chelle,

Can you give more detail on what you are looking for?

This thread is about changing an item name using the API. If you just want to change an item name from the app, just hover over the name, click on the pencil icon and type the new name.

Hi Jim, Thank you for your help!
I know how to change the item name.
I’m looking to change the board the item is in, and when that happens also change the name of the item-

The intention is so that the name will be more conducive to sync with the way we use google calendar.
Trying to add the phone number into the name too.
Thank you!!!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.