Change Parent Item of Subitem

Hello Monday (Dev) Community!

Has anyone inquired about moving subitems between parent items for the API?

I continue to come across situations where this feature would be very useful for us. Would anyone else find this feature useful?

Thanks and happy coding!

Andrew

@andrew.shatz

That’s an interesting one :slight_smile: To be transparent with you, this isn’t something we’re planning to add in the nearest future, but I’ve made sure to add your topic and the votes that were added to our roadmap to consider this feature more closely, moving forward.

Thank you for creating the opportunity to make an impact on how monday.com will be developed :slight_smile: I appreciate the way you’ve framed this, too.

-Alex

I have the same requirement. I’m curious how your UI does it. I can see that it sends a API call batch_move_to_parent with all the details.

{"pulseIds":[123],"destParentId":345,"subitemsBoardId":678}

If there is no API for moving parents the your backend should be creating a new subitem with all the data isnt it?

Hello there @ravindasenarath and welcome to the community!

As of today the only way of doing this via API would be to query for the subitem’s information and then creating a new subitem in the other parent item. You could then delete the original subitem if needed.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

Cheers,
Matias