Changing the status of next item?

Hi,

I’m looking for an automation.
I got about 12 items/tasks in a group. If someone changes the status of the first item to “done”, I want that the next item’s status (or another) will change to “To do”.

For example, if we downloaded picture and audio, the item “create mix session” will change to “To do”, so that other people know, that all material are together and they can start working.

Is that possible?

Zhanks,

Michael

HI @Mischmaster! This is a great suggestion - currently our dependency automations are due date centered but I do see the value in adding a status option. We will be rolling out dynamic custom recipes in a short time that might fulfill this need. In the meantime, I’ve passed this request onto our product team to review and I can assure you, that you’re not the only one who could benefit from this so I do hope to see it implemented. Cheers!

Hi,

in the meantime I found a solution with a dependency automation.
“When a status changes to something, change the status of its dependency to something”.
The probleme here is, that with “change the status of its dependency to something” I can only choose the same status. But I want to choose another status.
For example:

If the task “download picture” is done and the status “version” is on preliminary. Then another task get the status “To do”, because it has a dependency on “download”. When this task is on “Done” somewhen and we get a new picture, I change his status to “Final”. Then I want, that the status “Done” of the other task jumps back to “To do”, because someone has to review it.

I hope I explained that well.

Michael

Aloha @lauraglev do you have an idea when these automations will roll out? My team is wondering whether or not to renew and our renew date is rapidly approaching.

1 Like

Hey @cfraticelli! At the moment, I don’t have an ETA but I do know that it is ready for a soft alpha release where we will get some feedback internally before rolling out a beta version. We do have some other things in the pipeline for automations and integrations that are coming first but my hope is within a few iterations our team will be able to release a beta version :slight_smile: Stay tuned, it will be a game changer!

1 Like