Clearing File Attachments in a Column and Updating it for 500 resource items in a loop

Clearing File Attachments in a Column and Updating it for 500 resource items in a loop causes Complexity Exception for every 10,11 and 12 despite giving 2 second wait after clear file attachments and 3 second wait after file update.

Additionally it seems Monday API seems to be crashing the GraphQL with an invalid response which the library is not able to handle. I have reported the same here: Casting Error in GraphQL C# Library · Issue #600 · graphql-dotnet/graphql-client · GitHub

Appreciate if some one could help address these issues.

As I mentioned in your other post, you cannot use the graphqlclient library because it is spec compliant and monday.com’s errors are not spec compliant - which is annoying, and something I’ve tried to point out for the last couple years.

As far as the complexity, are you including the complexity field in your mutation?

mutation {
   complexity{query,after}
   change_multiple_column_values...
}

This way you can monitor the actual complexity being consumed per request, as well as how much is left to use - then you can pause execution as needed rather than an arbitrary sleep.

1 Like