Column for storing passwords/ sensitive information

I would love the option to add a ‘password’ column that is used specifically for storing passwords and other sensitive information. Having the text covered by ‘**********’ until selected would help keep information private from people passing by a desk.

Ability to audit this column specifically would also be good, so we can see who is accessing/ changing passwords.

We want to use Monday to store some documentation, and this feature would allow us to do that!

Have you explored column permissions in Monday?

You can restrict column view to specific people.

• Doesn’t solve the problem of people seeing the information on your screen as board owner as they pass by your desk
  • There’s no option to obfuscate the password that I’m aware of.

In the board Activity Log you can see who changed the password and when.

Although we can set up column permissions, it would be nice if we could have a password type column to obfuscate the password.

1 Like

We are still wanting this column type, as it would allow us to use Monday.com and do away with our password documentation platform

A password/sensitive info column would allow us to move all of our documentation into Monday - an exciting prospect as it would reduce our costs and bring everything into one place.

The data stored in the password column would need to be encrypted at rest to pass security requirements.

If this feature were added, Monday would be able to compete with IT document management systems and attract even more customers.

A data masking/visibility feature like this would be very helpful! A basic application of this is for SSN and other sensitive data information. Please continue to develop for this!

We, too, would appreciate this type of data format for sensitive data. Thanks!

I’m going to lend my support to this as well.

Sometimes users want to HIDE a certain value unless a user clicks on it to reveal it (then have it hide again after a period of time.)

This is useful for Last-4 of SSNs etc. that may need to be accessed in certain scenarios but where you still don’t want that visible except when actually needed.