[RELEASED] Column with custom status

I am unable to add a new status column with custom status values. Please help
Column Name - Colors
Column Type - status
Column Values - Red, Green, Blue
Default Selected Value - Blue

One simple Graph Query example please.

Hi @Gaurav, welcome to our community!

At this time, you’re only able to utilize Status labels that have already been created in the UI side, and you won’t be able to create new Status labels using our API.

I know this perhaps isn’t the answer you were hoping for, so I would be more than happy to forward your feedback for consideration.

If you want to share your use-case, maybe there’s a workaround we can find for you? Maybe you can utilize conditional coloring on the UI side, and then add these labels as Text column values instead?

This absolutely make sense. Now I know why I wasn’t able to find any example for this :slight_smile:
Is there a place where all the limitations of APIs are documented. It would be easier to look at one place to understand what can’t be done. Coz creating a status column seems so obvious to me that I kept on thinking that I am missing something.

Hi @Gaurav!

Ahh sadly we don’t have a centralized place for limitations of our API, although this “Feature Requests” section of our community has many of our most popular feature requests.

Also, we did just release the ability to create new Status labels using our API. Here is my announcement that I just posted!

Let us know if you have additional questions or concerns at this time

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.