Configurations on Create Webhook

Greetings to the Community!

I noticed that when creating webhooks via the API, the documentation states that there is a config property with the data type JSON. However, I have not been able to find any documentation (official or otherwise) with any schema for this config object or any examples.

Is this property being used for anything? If so, would it be possible to provide some examples of a valid config value? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Hi @andrew.shatz

Yes, the documentation is not always complete and up-to-date. This is a big concern to me. One of the examples you can doe with this config is to supply a JSON string so that only one column is watched for changes. In nodeJS I use this one (remind the \'s to escape):

'change_specific_column_value config: "{\\"columnId\\":\\"' + columnId + '\\"}"'

This will insert a webhook like this:

where the column “Doc Status” is in the variable columnId

1 Like

@basdebruin, that makes sense. Thank you very much for your example!

Do you happen to know where I can find an exhaustive list for this?

All the best!

Hi @andrew.shatz

I am not aware of other usage than specifying the column to watch for. There was a discussion on this topic here: Webhook event type change_specific_column_value

I was not able to find documentation on this one.

1 Like

Hey @andrew.shatz :wave:

Thanks for reaching out and allowing us to help! I appreciate it. :slight_smile:

@basdebruin awesome job handling this as always, I appreciate your input here. I’ll try and check if there’s any other info we can provide here with the team, thanks for flagging this for us.

-Alex