Connection reset by peer

Hi, I’ve done a mutation request on API v2 to create itens on some boards.
I notice that some of the requests are being declined by Monday. I receive a Connection reset by peer exception.

Just wondering if it is common? Do I have to add retry policies? Is there any reason for this declined requests?
My app is reeeeally far from reach the Rate Limits described on the API v2 documentation.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hey @stefaniaraujo, can you share your code (without your API key) and the full error response you’re receiving?

This sounds like a timeout issue, but I’d love to know more!

Hey @dipro!
The exception that I receive is just a Connection reset by peer.
The requests are basic like this one:

curl --location --request POST 'https://api.monday.com/v2/' \
--header 'Authorization: <API_KEY>' \
--header 'Content-Type: application/json' \
--data-raw '{"query": "mutation { create_item (board_id:<board_id>, group_id: \"topics\", item_name: \"Item Name\", column_values: \"{\"name9\":\"Person Name\"}\") { id } }\", \"variables\": null, \"operationName\": null"
}'

Its affecting ~10% of my requests (13 of 100, it started to run on production this week)
Is there a way that you can check on monday why the requests are being declined if I send you my account?

Tks

Hey @stefaniaraujo – interesting. Please send drop us an email at support@monday.com so we can take a closer look.

Can you include the following information in your email, so our team can tackle this:

• Is it happening for a specific kind of request or randomly?
  • Are you receiving an error code from our API or is the “Connection reset by peer” message coming from your application?
  • Can you send us timestamps of when this occurred?