Copy paste from Excel Column to Monday Column

+1 on this feature please.

1 Like

Yes please. So frustrating to be sitting here, manually typing in data from 124 rows into 124 Monday items :frowning_face:
Any dev response would be most welcome.

1 Like

@Julia-monday.com
Its crazy that you cant do this either via a direct import or within Monday between 2 groups on different boards, I have created a group with 500 tasks and I want to add additional columns with existing data from Excel received from clients in bulk. This is just a VLookUp on excel and is an incredibly basic function that should at least be possible to work around from a copy and paste between boards that are identical in length (number of tasks), where you don’t have to then select each one to add individually. Please please please can you take a look at resolving this?!

Thank you in advance.

Hi
I just installed a vlookup app. It’s in the marketplace
It’s free for I think 3 boards.

1 Like

ill take a look thank you. Im liaising with Monday.com to try and see if they can add it as a development feature, it seems lik ethey are 90% of the way there they just need to make the import auto populate based on a cell in the existing board.

3 Likes

Hi, I completely agree that this should be offered as a feature. Have you tried update with Excel in the marketplace? I am evaluating now and it seems like it could do what you want but it’s not free.

Simple trick to import a new column from Excel, just tried it and works: save your Excel file with the first column to match the item name in Monday and then the new columns you want to add or update. Then start the import new elements process, match the columns and finally check the option to update the item if the item name is the same. It works for me to update a column for a +600 elements table!

2 Likes

Agreed to this feature request!
Being able to copy and paste columns into monday from an excel would be game changing. It would save me close to 10+ working hours per month and decrease the amount of “shadow system google sheets” of my Monday boards.

ALSO: If we could get a Copy and paste columns from Monday-- that would save me another 10+ hours per month.
Thanks for all the help team,
Becca

The only way I can think to do this (without manually typing or copying/pasting each item in) would be to export the whole board, make changes in Excel, re-upload. But that get’s really sticky with boards that have lots of different columns of different types, especially since the import feature only allows for text, number, date or status columns
 and it resets all the status colours, etc. Gets very complicated to get it to a place where you can then move it all back into the original board to replace everything.

If Monday folks can either add this feature or tell us what makes it not possible to add, that would be great. Maybe some of us could troubleshoot with that information.

1 Like

I’d also really appreciate this feature. It’s extraordinarily time consuming to add info line by line when I already have it in an excel spreadsheet. It’s a real flaw with this program. (I don’t want to import an entire spreadsheet, just easily copy / paste a list of information, whether text, dates or other info to a specific column in an existing group.

I’m exploring project management software for my company, and the lack of this feature working makes this a hard pass for us. Far too time consuming to manually enter everything, too many projects and timelines to use bandaid work arounds.

1 Like

I am having the same issue, I will spent hte next 2 hours copying numbers
wish me luck :frowning:

Hello everyone :slight_smile:

We have an app coming up which allows you to copy from any source, be it Excel, Google Sheets, Word etc directly into your monday board columns.
Here is a demo of how the app works
Currently, we are adding a few final touches to make it available on the marketplace.

And if you have any questions, you can always reach out to us at support@kolaai.com

The app is now available in the marketplace :tada::sparkles:
You can find it here

I am currently creating a board for resourcing and it would be great if I could copy a column of numbers (from a budget spreadsheet) straight into a numbers column on a board. I know you can copy & paste pulses but couldn’t get this to work for columns of text/numbers.

Note: I don’t want to export the entire excel spreadsheet to create the board just one or two columns of info, hence the import data function wouldn’t work for this.

Thanks,
Rachel

YES!!! I want that also! When I was first presenting the Work OS to the team I was like “We can even copy and past info like the task name!” and one coworker said “What about the data pertaining to that task?” I was super excited and jumped the gun on that one when I said “Monday.com can do anything! It can even copy and paste the amounts!” welp
I was wrong :man_facepalming:

5 Likes

Hello @rachel.findlay, @Adrian

You can now copy different types of columns directly into monday using the Toolkit app

Here is a demo of how

If you need any help with the app, you can always write to support@kolaai.com

I had been missing the last step of this update the item if the item name is the same and you SAVED MY LIFE!

@BiancaT - ANY UPDATE ON THIS?!

I simply need to number my items in 3 boards, all containing over 500 unique items. I thought I had it all figured out when I found the auto numbering column. Sure it works great IN Monday. However if you sort your data first so that the numbers are NOT in order (which is what I want) and then export your board to excel the auto numbering column places all the numbers back in order.

My solution to this, instead of waiting for the auto numbering column to be fixed, was to simply make a number column and import a column with numbers from 1 - 500 but no. there is no option to import a column from excel to an existing board.

What is that?

Please give update and fix, this is such a time-waster to enter it manually.

Thanks.

Hi guys,

Our company develops the Smart Spreadsheet for monday app - hope it will help you to use Excel-like features right on monday.com platform.

You’ll be able to import/export your data (and boards with items as well) and work with it as a fully functional spreadsheet (cell formulas, conditional formatting, pivot tables, charts, etc.) in one place.

Best regards,
Katerina Kovriga

1 Like