Copying and pasting not working properly

Hey everyone! I’m just getting started on Monday and recently I came across something that I don’t really know if it’s a bug or something else. Anyway, searching for similar problems inside the community, I didn’t find anyone else with the same problem so I must be doing something wrong.

Within my board, I have a lot of subitems and inside one of those, I have some login/password informations. The thing is: when I copy/paste them, it doesn’t work!

First, look at that:

These are my login informations that I previosly had on an Excel file. When I copy/paste them from anywhere else, it works. When I try to do it from Monday, it doesn’t. I’ve tried to paste them on a notepad and the information is the same! However, it doesn’t seem to work. I have a “login/password wrong” message when I paste from Monday but it logs successfully when I do it from anywhere else.

I’m going insane. What am I doing wrong?

Hi @lucasm :wave:

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear you’re having issues with copying and pasting login information from the updates section.
We’d love to take a look into this further!
Are you able to try using another browser and let us know if the issue persists?

If so, could you please send me a short screen recording of this behaviour in action? Feel free to send this as a private message rather than as a public reply in this thread.

You can use the online tool to record for free and then send me a link :slight_smile:

Once I have a little more information I’ll be able to do a deeper dive into this and we can go from there!



I have the same issue. It’s because are using non-printable characters for formatting text, so when you copy & paste you are also copying and pasting those non-printable characters. It drives me mad and has caught me out a few times now.

Hey @mbole @lucasm :wave:

Thanks for letting us know that you’re encountering the same issue and specifically due to it showing as non-printable characters!

For issues like this, it’s best to contact directly so our team can help you troubleshoot accordingly!

The first things we will ask you to do for platform issues like this are the following (like Dani said above):

These steps help us rule out any cache issues, which is why we always have you try that first!

If the above steps don’t work, then getting a screen recording of the issue in action helps us know exactly what’s going on so we can try reproducing on our end as well. While we prefer screen recordings, full-screen screenshots can also suffice:

For issues like the one you described, we will also ask you for the following details if it’s determined to be a bug and not expected behavior:

  1. Whether this happens only to you or to other users on the account
  2. If this issue happening on other boards as well
  3. The exact date and time that this issue started or the exact time and date when you last experienced the issue (If possible, provide the time zone).
  4. If related to items, we will need the Item ID and Board ID, which can be obtained by going to a relevant item’s updates section, clicking in the 3 dot menu, and clicking “Copy item link”
  5. If it’s just related to a board or dashboard or docs, then please send the URL of the relevant board(s)/dashboard(s)/workdoc(s) and this will contain the ID we need
  6. It would be most helpful if you could provide us a screenshot of the console while the issue occurs. This will help us and our developers to recognize any error messages. To access the console click here: How to Access the Console
  7. We also might ask for your consent for the developers to perform a one-time login in order to investigate the issue

Different issues will require different details for any report our team might build to investigate any issues, but I figured it would be helpful to know in advanced what information you will need for/be asked by our Support Team to help streamline the process.

I hope this helps!


This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.