Counting No of times a word appears from a column

Hi,

I’m not sure if its possible, but I’m trying to count the number of times a word appears in a column to calculate a win rate. For example count the number of ‘Won’ 3= , ‘TBC’ = 6, and ‘Lost’ = 0.

I would then need to count the total number in the column eg based on the screen grab it should be 9.

Is it possible to do this or has anyone have a suggestion how I can get a win rate an alternative way?

Thanks,
Ruth

@RuthQ

Without resorting to an app or custom solution, you will need to create an auxiliary formula column:
IF(OR({Won vs Lost} = "Won", {Won vs Lost} = "TBC"), 1, "")

Jim - The Monday Man (YouTube Channel)
Watch Our Latest Video: The ITEM ID column - What most people don’t know.
Contact me directly here: Contact – The Monday Man

@JCorrell Thanks, Do you know how I can calculate the overall % to won vs lost?

@RuthQ

Yes. But it’s a secret… not really.

There might be an app in the marketplace that I am unaware of that could do that.

Otherwise, you would need a custom solution. This video might be enough to get you started with one way to do it: Column Total in monday.com Formulas? YES!!!

Jim - The Monday Man (YouTube Channel)
Watch Our Latest Video: The ITEM ID column - What most people don’t know.
Contact me directly here: Contact – The Monday Man

@JCorrell Thanks for your help - I’ll look into Integromat with some of your videos - looks a little complex though!! :upside_down_face:

@RuthQ

This particular use case is “a little” advanced but definitely doable if you take it one step at a time.

If you want help beyond the community group, you can schedule some time with me here: The Monday Man.

Thank-you, I’m starting with your basic tutorials, hopefully I can make some progress with integromat as it seems like a very powerful tool to know :slight_smile:

We use mondays to calculate a conversion rate for our sales team, however the column we use to track won/lost etc is a status column. Then we bring the figures together on a dashboard

@chrisflavours Thanks for the suggestion - I’m trying to automatically calculate the win rate % to minus this from the forecasted revenue to help establish a clearer forecasted revenue based on trends. Its a shame there isn’t a simple way to do this but I’ll keep trying :slight_smile: