Create Item in Another Board if Person Is Assigned Automation with Multiple Assignees

Hi there! Apologies if this question has already been addressed. I had trouble finding anything specific on this issue.

I am hoping I can find a solution for this problem. I am working on creating a Master Board for my team. Every project we are working on is created in the Master Board. Oftentimes, projects will require multiple designers or different designers throughout the project process. Each designer has their own personal board that shows what they’re assigned to and gives them the option to add their own subtasks. I have created automations that if a designer is assigned, an item is created in their personal board that links back to and mirrors information from the Master Board.

I’m finding that if I am assigning a project to Designer B, but I have already assigned the project to Designer A, a new project is created for Designer B and a duplicated project is created for Designer A.

Does anyone have any tips for how I can work this out so that we aren’t having duplicate projects created for every project with multiple designers?

Hello @katharineb,
For your use case, one way you can handle the duplicates projects created is by using the Duplicates and Uniques app. You can create delete templates in the app and run them as integrations for the Designer boards. This way, when a duplicated project is created, it will automatically be deleted. If you have any questions, you can always reach out at support@kolaai.com