Creating subitems with Integromat

Creating subitems is now supported vis the api and Integromat has the option but I’m struggling to work out if I can do what I’m wanting to do and looking to see if there is any help.

I’m sending new orders form woocommerce to Monday by creating a new pulse/item. I’m then wanting to create a subitem under this order which contains the products from that order.

Is possible to do this all in the one scenarios or do I need to make another scenarios for the subitem, once the parent item has been created?

Is it possible to create a subitem this way? I’m only a beginner with integromat so still learning what’s possible and not.

Thank you

@tommy_H,

You can do this in the same scenario. Just use the ID from the create item module in the map of the Item ID field of the create subitem module.

Let us know if you need more.

1 Like

Hi @tommy_H , Michela from Integromat here :wave:

I tried to rush in with a bit of help but I see that @JCorrell has already answered your question, awesome stuff :slightly_smiling_face:

Let me at least add that in order to map the Item ID from the previous module, you need to switch to the ‘map’ option in the ‘Create a Subitem’ module

Have a lovely day and thanks for automating with us :four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

Thank you so much for the responses. The item id now seems to have the one!!! Or I missed it.

I’m getting a subitem created now.

Now I"m trying to work out how to send the product info to the subitem but I’m not able to select the columns in the subitem to show up and map the woo product info too!

This seems vert close now! Thank you for the tips so far :slight_smile:

Update the subitems are coming through!

I’m just getting double pulse. ONe with no subitems and the first one no subitems.

Will keep playing and let you know if I get stuck some more.

I’ve solved the double entry… lol was another app.

So I’m having trouble now creating two subitems. I have can create another subitem but unable to update the columns with update columns items with specific item. It works for the first sub but not the second. When going to Column Values to Change, the column options don’t exist in the subitem. I"m getting a 404 error.

2 Likes

@tommy_H,

I don’t completely understand the issue you are having. But…

Since you were already able to get part of it working, my approach would be to copy the part that works then modify as needed.

To copy the section that works, hold down the shift key and use your mouse to select the portion that you want to copy. Once it is selected, use Ctrl+C to copy then Ctrl+V to paste. (Esc will deselect.)

1 Like

Thanks Jim,

I actually just did that and it’s working now!

Now I just need to work out how to duplicate the process so it looks for multiple orders but super stoked that it looks to be working now. THanks for the tips. LIfe saver

Great progress @tommy_H I absolutely love your enthusiasm! :clap:

11 posts were split to a new topic: Creating Subitems with Integromat - Shopify

Hey Jim,

Thanks again for your help. Managed to create multiple subitems now and using the iterator to split them out.

We’re now a little stuck in trying to work out how to set certain line items as a status. Currently just getting text info from woo through the iterator. Is there a way to tell it to be a status if it’s a certain text or to save entering and editing status labels, can it just create a status if no matching text?

Cheers,

Tom

@tommy_H,

Kinda.

First the current limitation on the number of status labels is 40. If you are certain that you are not going to exceed this then you’re good. If not, you will need to consider other alternatives, like a text or dropdown column.

Second, the ability to add status labels through the API is relatively new and has not yet been added to the monday Integromat modules. So, you would need to set/add the status using an http call to the API. It’s a little cumbersome but doable.