Cross board integration

hello,

I work in the events industry.
So I have a top-level board that is our season calendar. And then a board for each of our events with all the elements needed to bring the event together.

I use dependencies on the event boards so that items happen a certain number of weeks from the event date. (event dates frequently change and so all the deliverables have to change due dates too)

Ideally what I would like to be able to do is update the event date on the top-level calendar - and then have the dates automatically update in the event boards - but I can’t figure out how to do this.

1 Like

Hello @Bec,

You could use the Link to Item column, synchronizing the date column, but the “issue” by with that approch is that then the syncronized column would only work with mirrored items from the top level board so it’s not a real synchronization.
The other limitation I see is that the dependencies work from start to end but not on the contrary. The workaround would be to create a link with the “Launching date” based on the number of days that the event project will take.

The alternative to have a real synchronization would be to use Integromat. You can firstly use the “List Board’s Pulses” module to get the items from the required boards and then use the “Update Column values” to synchronize the dates of the launching date for each even project for instance.
Hope it helps,

1 Like