Custom action block with dynamic mapping doesn't return all fields

Hi,
I build an integration recipe with custom action block that sends dynamic mapping fields.
this is the recipe:

this is the action block:

and this is the response fullorder field definition URL:
[

{

"id": "ORDNAME",

"title": "הזמנה - CO",

"outboundType": "text",

"inboundTypes": [

"text"

]

},

{

"id": "ORDSTATUSDES",

"title": "סטטוס הזמנה - CO",

"text"

]

},

{

"id": "DETAILS",

"title": "פרטים - CO",

"text"

]

},

{

"id": "WIN_PIAPPDATE_DT",

"title": "תאריך אישור PI לספק",

"outboundType": "date",

"date",

"date_time"

]

},

{

"id": "DETAILS2",

"title": "פרטים2",

"text"

]

},

{

"id": "BLABLABLA",

"title": "בלה בלה בלה",

"text"

]

}

When I add the recipe to the board i can map all the fields as expected, but when i change for example the field on the board that is mapped to DETAILS field i recieve http post from monday that doesnt contain all the fields of fullorder:

Am i doing something wrong? is it a bug?

Thank you,
Liat.

1 Like

Hi @Liat, welcome to our community!

Sorry to see you’re running into some trouble here.

Do you mind saying a bit more about what your recipe is doing here? When any column changes, what are you hoping to update-- so what is “priority entities columns”?

It might help for you to include a screenshot of your board as it’s set up too (feel free to DM me or blur any sensitive information).

Thanks for walking me through it!

Hi Helen,
This recipe is part of an integration between Monday and ERP app called Priority.
The board contains data of multiple priority entities that are related to each other (for example - fields from customer order form and from purchase order attached to it).
Since i have lots of fields from Priority that the user can map to board i created single recipe that whenver any of the columns on the boards changes it’s suppose to send the value of all the mapped columns of the current item changed.
In the backend i’m checking which value of the entire item changed and update the relevant Priority Entity (customer order or purchase order).
This is a test board i created with only few fields:

and this the recipe mapping:

I tried to change the Details field and send all the mapped fields to Priority but I don’t receive Details field data at all.

Hmm strange.

One thing my colleague suggested was: do you mind verifying that both your field definitions URL and your custom action URL are using the same server?

Any chance that you could have updated the field definitions in your dev environment but your app is still using the field definitions URL from prod?

We have live version with all URLs pointing to prod, after the client reported a bug I opened a new draft version and changed only the action URL to point to dev so I can check the http post I’m receiving from Monday.

Oh! I actually think that I figured this out.

I’m wondering however, has this integration ever worked for you? Or it’s just not working now?

I think that the reason why you’re not seeing those values is because the only input field you have in your custom action block is “fullorder”. However, I’m assuming you’re using our built-in trigger “When any column changes,” is that right?

If so, you would need the input fields for your action to include the trigger output field “item mapping”:

see the last line in the screenshot.

Could this be the issue that you’re facing? That your action URL isn’t receiving the outputted item mapping as an input field?

This integration worked, the action is recieving item mapping and place it to fullorder, exactly as it’s demonstrated on your documentation:

I’m recieving fullorder item on the json sent when this action is invoked, but it doesn’t contain all it’s fields.

Is it consistently the “Details” column? Or does it affect other columns too?

Is there any discernible pattern that you can tell?

At this time, I think it might be best to move this to a screenshare. Do you mind writing into appsupport@monday.com so that we can set one up? Thank you!

It’s constantly “Details” columns, I thought that’s maybe it’s a bug because it’s reserved word so I tried to add two other columns (DETAILS2 and BLABLABLA) but I don’t see them either.
I wrote you to set screenshare.

1 Like

For all future readers:

This issue was a bug related to Text columns that started with a number. It has since been resolved!

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.