Custom dropdown field only calls backend once

hi @dipro

Thanks for letting us know, really appreciated. Are you able to share what updates are planned? For me one of the most urgent issues is in the area of custom fields dependencies.

When a custom field is dependent on a boardid (taken form the recipe / user input) to e.g. get all columns of a certain type from that board in the dropdown field, the backend to get this list is only called once. So, if the user selects the board he gets the correct columns in the custom field, but if the user than selects another board the custom field list is not refreshed as the backend is not called.

Hey Bas! This Sunday’s updates are routine maintenance and you won’t see any changes on your end after it’s complete.

As for your question on dependencies, it sounds like this is more of a specific feature request than related to the maintenance.

Have you already opened a request for this in the developers’ feedback section? I did some digging and couldn’t find anything related to this ask.

Hi Dipro,

I logged this as an error a while ago at the appsupport email. I would not consider this a feature request :slight_smile: . On a side note, monday’s own automations suffer from the same behavior.

1 Like

Thanks for that feedback. We’ve logged it as a bug but don’t have an ETA on when this functionality will be available.

@Matias.Monday

Matias, looping you in here because this BUG still exists. If you have a custom field dependent on a column selection, if you CHANGE the column selection after opening the custom field, the custom fields values persist even if you change the column its dependent on. Changing field a custom field is dependent on should reset the custom field so it can query the list again.

hi @codyfrisch , @Matias.Monday

Yes, it is frustrating to see that confirmed BUGS are not solved. Monday explained to me that BUGS are categorized on impact and severity. That implies that if only you and me are complaining the BUG will probably never get solved.

I fully understand such a prioritization system in place for feature requests, but not for BUG solving (I have a few other examples too). I do see this happening with more organizations that are fast growing. They tend to forget to split bug solving and building additional features.

I guess we are “crying in the wilderness”.

@basdebruin Can feel like it sometimes. I realize the workaround is just go back and start again on adding a recipe, but thats not user friendly.

While its developers reporting this, the people who experience the bug are end users. This isn’t a bug that just affects devs - it affects every end user that installs an integration recipe that has a field dependent on another field in the recipe. Which is a lot. So while only two devs are reporting it here, I bet there are many end users who get frustrated by it that never say anything because end users dont report bugs most of the time.

@dipro

Just in case another voice will make a difference, I third this emotion!

Hello @codyfrisch, @basdebruin and @JCorrell !

I have sent your feedback about this to the team and added your +1s into this request as well.

Thank you for the feedback!

Cheers,
Matias

1 Like