Can I have the people column auto-populate when creating an item on a new board?

Is it possible to link up one dashboard to another, and then to another. I have a “Contacts” dashboard. Then I have a “Properties” dashboard and I have it setup to add a contact as the owner of each property. After that, I can change the status of a property and it will create a new item in a third dashboard called “Listings.” On the “Listings” dashboard, I would like for each individual listing to show the owner automatically. Am I able to do this? I sort of see it as a chain where the contact/owner gets passed on from one dashboard to another. Thank you!

Hi @andrewsaulroberts!

Can you clarify if you are using a board or dashboard (which allows you to connect multiple boards to display data via widgets) in this scenario. While you say ‘dashboard’, it does appear you are referring to boards.

I believe you can make this happen by creating an automation and ‘mapping’ the people column so that it automatically provides the owner in this Listings board. Here is a video of how this would work.

Thoughts?

-Aron