Dependencies across multiple boards

Hello,

I can see how we add in dependencies for various items on one board.

I was wondering if you can link the dependencies between multiple boards?

We are running a number of large projects and that each require their own board. However, there are key items between the projects that are dependant upon each other.

Thank you
Sharon

Hello @slash,

You can use the link and mirroring column to get data from other boards. For instance, you can have one project set up with all the dependecies at board level. If one task depends on other project, you can link that activity to the ones related in the other project and get also its timeline view. Then, you can compare both timelines and update the dependent one when needed. In this example I should update “Manufacture products” pushing it one day.
At this time, it’s not possible to manage mirrored columns with automations so you will have to perform the comparasion and updates manually.

Now with the multiboard link, you can link multiple boards:
https://community.monday.com/t/multi-board-item-links-alpha-version-is-out/2842/103

Hope it helps.

1 Like

Any update on this? The fact that you can have several boards within a space begs for the ability to set dependencies between boards. This feature would justify my use of this product for the next 5-6 years on a relatively large scale.

8 Likes

Hi @roche8cb ! Unfortunately, there is currently no ETA or when corss-board dependencies will be supported but this is definitely something we have under our radar!

Best,
Itai

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi @slash , how are you? Were you able to set up and achieve your desired results? If not yet, this app called Same Item Multiple Board by Formula Lookout. Here is the link https://monday.com/marketplace/10000363

cc @roche8cb

Hello @roche8cb I just published an article tow show exactly how it works. Here it is