Deploying breaking changes before 1st of October

Hey,

I looked over the breaking changes that coming in the next API version in 1st of October.
There is a huge breaking change in the way we fetch items from boards and we would like to change our API calls before this becomes stable to prevent downtime.
However I noticed a warning saying that this “items_page” call limited for 20 calls per minutes until it will become stable meaning we can’t deploy it before the 1st of October.

What can you offer?

Hello there @ram_perel and welcome to the community!

I hope you like it here :muscle:

You are correct. Until the change is done, the limit is 20 calls per minute for the preview version.

I don’t understand the question you made. What can we offer regarding what?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Cheers,
Matias

Hey Matias, Thank for the greetings.
The problem is that I can’t use the new API in production because of this limitation before it’s in stable. However I would like to change to this API few days in advance to be ready for all the changes. The changed is going to happen on Sunday and I don’t want in what hour.

One of the solutions I can think of is to be in purpose on 2020-07(deprecated) version until I’m back to work on monday but I think a best practice is to use the new API in advance and not the opposite

Hi @ram_perel,

Since this version contains numerous breaking changes, 2023-07 will remain the default version until January 1st, 2024 when support for that version ends. This should address the issue you face about it releasing on a weekend and give you time to switch to the new version :slight_smile: