Display last update text in Column view

Hi team!

Would be incredible to have a column to display the text in posted in the last update, saves time having to click into each pulse to check the updates.

Cheers.

1 Like

Either that or at least a preview of the contents when we hover over the Updates indicator on each pulse/item.

Agree it can be tedious to click on each pulse to access an Update - when all we want is a snippet of information (name, serial number etc) in an Update.

This would be a great feature especially since we cannot currently locate information in Updates - based on my testing - via Search Everything.

2 Likes

Hey guys, thanks for this idea which we’ll share with our product team!

@JohnW, you can search for the contents of updates using Search Everything, for example:

Can you explain more about what information you’re adding to updates? Do you add them manually or using an integration? I just want to see if there would be a workaround for you for the time being!

you can search for the contents of updates using Search Everything

Thanks Julia. I see how it works now. I did not realize that it automatically defaults to - and performs - a Cross Boards search only. I then have to separately click the Updates button to see the content in Updates. Obvious now I know.

Why is that? Performance I guess? Faster search.

I was doing the search and getting the default Cross Boards results, not realizing it had not yet searched the Updates - and there is no indication (to me) that I need to click the Updates button.

When I separately click the Updates button, Monday does a further search and I then get the results I’m looking for:

I thought it would be an Omnibox like Google and all results (boards, updates etc) would appear in a single search regardless of category.

But I can live with it now that I know it requires an extra mouse click.

Thanks for the tip.

Back to the original request from ElenaK though: request a column to display the text in posted in the last update.

1 Like