Do I have keep my CLI open forever?

Hi,

I am not a Dev, I just applied the Quick start integration guide to transform text and it works!

But when I close my CLI terminal is stop working.

Am I doing something wrong?

Best regards!

Hi @Edeg, Welcome to the community!

Yes, that is the expected behavior.

If you would like to have your application run without the CLI, you will need to look at hosting your application on a server, something like AWS, GCP. Both of these have serverless solutions like AWS Lambda, I know a lot of other devs in this community use Lambda.

Using the CLI with a program like Ngrok is a great option for development. It allows you to quickly make changes to your code and see instant results.

Once you are ready to move your app to a production level, you will need to move to a server for your hosting.

3 Likes

Hey @Edeg - welcome to the community!

As Mitchell mentioned above, this is expected behavior as the quickstart guide runs locally on your machine. Using the CLI with a program like Ngrok is a great option for development since you can test things locally and easily.

If you’re looking for a more permanent solution - you’d have to host the application somewhere.

-Daniel

2 Likes

Thank so much Mitchell

Thanks so much Daniel

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.