DocuGen - generate Google Docs within monday.com

We built DocuGen to make it possible to generate any kind of documents using data from any monday.com board: invoices/receipts, quotes, proposals, you name it!
Check it out and install it for free here: DocuGen – Generate documents from your monday.com boards

Cloud Concept is a monday.com partner based in Dubai, and we are passionate about all the possibilities that monday.com Apps brings to partners and customers. We are in love with everything monday.com

We have big plans for DocuGen and we want you to join our journey. If you are interested in being a DocuGen partner, visit our page above and sign up on the form at the bottom of the page. Lets build exciting features together for monday.com ecosystem.

How can I send you feedback?

Your feedback about DocuGen is welcome! We want to make future versions more versatile. If you have any feedback, feel free to drop us a word at docugen@cloudconceptgroup.com

4 Likes

Heyyy @samicaracand :wave:

This is AMAZING! Thanks so much for sharing this and I do hope you get helpful feedback from our community users :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, anyone have the latest version of docugen working with templates?
I need to know if im the only one having this problem (cannot create the document, pdf with or without a template).
Thanks.

1 Like

Hi @samicaracand I noticed the link to check out DocuGen no longer works. Is the app still available? SUPER useful.

1 Like

Hi Cassie - thanks for reaching out! You can access and install the latest DocuGen from https://docugen.io/
Let me know if you have any other questions. Happy to jump on a call to walk you through DocuGen if you wish. Just let me know!
Sami

2 Likes

In case you missed it, we launched www.docugen.io with loads of information to help you use DocuGen (click on the Help Center menu at the top.)

DocuGen no longer supports Google Docs :sob:

Anyone know of any good alternatives?

1 Like

I’m so sick they wasted all my time setting up automations with Google Docs only to switch to Word. Who even has Word if you’re using Mac?

Also looking for alternatives.

Hey Patrick, I posted on another thread about this. It turns out that Integromat has a really straightforward integration for generating Google Docs from a template that works great with Monday. I highly recommend checking it out. I was able to convert templates that I had created for DocuGen to be compatible with my Integromat scenario really easily.

Hope this helps!

2 Likes

@samicaracand I too am gutted you no longer support Google doc generation. What was behind that decision? I presume it was something from Google’s side rather than yours? Will you look to bring back Google doc functinality?

Hey Paul - when we created DocuGen we initially chose Google Docs as it allowed us to quickly build and launch a minimum viable product. (I am personally a big fan of Google Docs and use it all the time.) However, we started noticing that the additional authentication that Google requires from users was causing a high churn rate: users either didn’t have a Google account or didn’t want to ‘authorize’ DocuGen access to their Google Drive. There were some other challenges we noticed with Google Drive. It was a tough decision to switch to Word templates, but the results were astonishing: new users were able to create their first document within an average of <90 seconds (compared to around 40 minutes with Google Docs), churn is much lower, and our support team is not flooded anymore with login and authorization issues related to Google accounts.

Unfortunately we don’t have plans to offer Google Doc support for the time being.

S

1 Like

Just wanted to drop a note saying I ADORE this app. Thank you for creating something so easy to use!

2 Likes

Hi Caroline - thank you so much for the kind words! Glad you’re finding DocuGen useful for your business. We’re busy working on new improvements that you will see very soon :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @samicaracand, i’m trying to make a single document for all the rows in a board on a specific date/ column date. Can you help with this. Thanks

@max @Patrick @TheOtherPM If you’re familiar with Zapier, you can now have your generated documents served as Google Docs directly to your Google Drive: here are simple steps to achieve this: https://support.docugen.io/hc/en-us/articles/4412233612946

1 Like

Hi @madeeha.1 and thanks for reaching out!

When DocuGen is triggered by a column (say, a date column in your case), it pulls the information only from the specific row that triggered it.

However, I can propose a workaround: if you re-arrange your board items as sub-items, then you can have a single document containing all the subitems as long as you trigger DocuGen from the main item. Your template can be very simple: create a two-row table with the following placeholders:
Row 1: <<subitems_header>>
Row 2: <<subitems_body>>

There is a caveat, though: DocuGen can only pull up to 20 sub-items in to the document (we’re working on expanding this.)

I hope this helps you? I am sorry there is no direct way to do this, but if you tell me more about the use case (why you need this feature), I will take it into consideration for a future release.

Cheers

Thanks for the workaround, the complete task is that whole day when a task is done user marks it’s status as done, then every next morning team lead needs an accumulative report of all the tasks marked as Done. That’s what I’m trying to achieve.

Best Regards

And can you please tell if there’s a way to send the document to a specific user as for now it’s triggering email to my email address.

@madeeha.1 let me know if this article helps in relation to sending the document to a specific user (check out option 2):

Thanks, it works perfect.