Document Download Confusion

HI There

We have been experiencing some oddities when downloading documents.

On the Files column when you click on a document to open it and then want to download it - we have 2 options for download - One at the top right hand side of the window and one in the centre at the bottom. If I open an word/excel document and use the top one to download it, it automatically PDF’s the doc. If I use the bottom one it downloads it as it’s file type.

Is this by design? Can we hide that top option? I was looking at the article on the Support Centre and noticed that in the image shown there of the opened file in Monday there is only one option to use to download a document.

Thank you for any help and advice

Dee

Hey @dee.kleynhans !

The issue with the top save button is actually an issue with Filestack that our team is currently working with the Filestack support team to address.

In the meantime, we would simply recommend that you only use the bottom save button instead.

As for the “Add Comment” button, this is the Annotations feature which is only available for images at the moment. We are working on expanding support to all file types but for now, you can only add comments for images.

Check out this article for more details on files in general: How to manage my files in monday.com

I hope this helps! Remember to mark as solved if this answers your question :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Jenna

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.