Due Date Formula

I am looking for something similar as well, but i want my resulting date to be before the imputed date. I try using a negative number but that does not seem to work.

Thanks for the help

1 Like

Not sure if this helps, but this function adds 2 days on to the date column column ‘Last Action’.
This also works if you put -2 in, it will then calculate the date 2 days prior to ‘Last Action’ date.

FORMAT_DATE(ADD_DAYS(FORMAT_DATE({Last Action}, “DD MMM”), 2), “DD MMM”)

1 Like

Hello,

I don’t know if this thread is still active but i have a question regarding the formula dates.
I want to add the dates of the formula to the calendar but i cant manage to fix this.
Does anyone have a solution for this?

Thanks for the help!

1 Like

Hey @replaysam, thanks for asking this question!

I would recommend writing to support@monday.com so we can work with you to see how the formula column and dates can best be incorporated into your workflow.

1 Like

I would like to add that a date automation that can set a due date number of days BEFORE instead of pushing another date would be super helpful! We are trying to set deadline dates from a start date automatically. Using the recipe “when date changes, adjust another date (Which works for due dates) by the number of days in number column” - then with setting the item default value of that number column the recipe would work if you could choose after or before the number of days.

We appreciate all that your team does!!

Hi Ben, I agree with the previous posts on this forum about setting as the deadline date format.
Is there any forum/request number for this feature as I’d love to follow up on this in future.

Thanks!
Tim

1 Like

I am also trying to figure out due dates, but the formula column fills every row. Ideally I would like to have a sample project model that has due dates already populated. We are in the events industry, now virtual events, and everything works back from the start date. Would like a formula that I can use in each row that x is due x number of days from the start date.

2 Likes

Hi Dustin,

You should be able to accomplish this. We have formulas that we utilize that are very similar. You’d want to ensure that the start date is it’s own date column. Then, the formula should be something similar to this:

In the example below, you’d want to replace “Approval Date” with your start date column. Then, 9 can be replaced with the number of days from the start date that you’d like to populate.

FORMAT_DATE(ADD_DAYS({Approval Date},9),“MMM DD”)

Hope this helps!

I have used this with WORKDAY to exclude weekends, however - is it possible to also exclude bank holidays?

This helps, thank you Ashley. I am having issues with being able to have a different formula on each row though. It seems like as soon as i fill in the formula it populates for the whole column.

1 Like

The column formula is just that - applies the same formula to each row of that column.

It’s not the most elegant solution, but consider referencing other columns with variables if you need to switch values within the formula

unfortunately no, that isn’t possible yet:

"only dates entered into a Date Column or a Timeline Column will be recognized by the Calendar View, Dashboard Widgets, and My Week.

When a date is returned via a Formula Column, the platform doesn’t actually recognize it as a date"

2 Likes

No, at the moment there’s no way to skip public holidays

1 Like

I DigiLoz, is there a backlog item to be able to see formula dates on calendars and set as due dates? This would be an amazing feature!

Hey Tim - I don’t work for Monday so I don’t know :slight_smile:

The answer I got from the team “The Formula Column is not supported yet by the calendar” wasn’t specific enough to suggest that it’s in the pipeline

1 Like

Hi @bradley , the formula @Van.ly was referring to is actually WORKDAY - not WORKDAYS as per your reply - which returns a date from a starting date adding a certain number of business days as in:

WORKDAY({Start Date },{# of days})

While the formula works, to this day there is still no official documentation in https://support.monday.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001276465-List-of-all-available-formulas for it as Van mentioned and when I brought it up with the support team not everyone was even aware it existed. They said it’s unsupported.

Van was rightly asking what other ‘secret’ formulas there might be that aren’t listed officially.

While I am at it, even though the WORKDAY formula can add business days going forward, there is no way to do the opposite, i.e. going backward / deducting business days from an end date.
Seems like a basic and related functionality, but it’s still missing.

The formula column will use the same formula for the entire column. There is no way to set up a different formula by row that I’m aware of.

You can, however, have one or more of your columns be a variable that you pull in and use in the Formula. Or you can build in different formulas based on the value in a Status column.

If you give some more details, @JCorrell can probably help craft a formula that will work. He’s the king here in the community for the Formula column! LOL

LOL! That’s funny! I did almost jump in. But, it seemed that maybe there were already enough
hands involved.

Bring on the details, I’ll give it a shot.

@PolishedGeek @JCorrell am I understanding this correctly there is a workaround to have different formulas for different rows? We are in the events world and everything would work around the event start date. Example speaker content (slides, videos, etc.) would be due 14 days prior to the start date, but having labor scheduled for the event would be due 30 days from the event start date.

1 Like