Durations column

Hey,

I would like to know if it’s possible to create a column type of durations or timecodes (at least hours, minutes and seconds). I work in a TV channel and for us it’s important to have such a type of column that would allow us to have the sum and average of all the values in that column (durations).

The alternative for what we want is to use the formulas to convert a duration to seconds and then manually put the sum of seconds on the last line (‘SEG’ column).

Formula of the ‘-’ column:

{HOUR}*3600+{MIN}*60+{SEG}

Formula of the ‘DURATION’ column:

TEXT({-},“HH:MM:SS”)

Please let me know if you need any further information.

Best regards,
Paulo Santos.

@pasantos

I’d like to help. But, I’m not sure what you are asking for. It looks like you already have what you need.

Hi @JCorrell, we are looking for a column that allows us to have a column summary with the sum and average of hours or durations (hours, minutes and seconds).

I made this image to illustrate what we wanted, I believe that this way it’s easier to understand.

@pasantos

I get it now. Currently, there is no way to do that with base monday. The closest I think you could come would be to have a column that shows everything in the same unit… Minutes or seconds… then the column summary would give the total of those units.

1 Like