Empty request while trying to change status

While running this don’t get any errors, just empty request

    value_json<-toJSON("{'index':3}")

    request_form<-paste(
'mutation {change_column_value (
        board_id: 347384734,
        item_id: 34239483,
        column_id: "status",
        value:',value_json,' ) {
                    id
              }

        }',sep = '')

Wrote random ids

Here’s function to process my request, maybe something wrong with it.

 GQL <- function(query,
                  ...,
                  .token = NULL,
                  .variables = NULL,
                  .operationName = NULL,
                  .url = url){
    pbody <- list(query = query, variables = .variables, operationName = .operationName)
    if(is.null(.token)){
      res <- POST(.url, body = pbody, encode="json", ...)
    } else {
      auth_header <- paste(.token)
      res <- POST(.url, body = pbody, encode="json", add_headers(Authorization=auth_header), ...)
    }
    res <- content(res, as = "parsed", encoding = "UTF-8")
    if(!is.null(res$errors)){
      warning(toJSON(res$errors))
    }
    res$data
  }

But it worked while quering and creating notifications

Hey @Valeriia - welcome!

Let me check in with the team on this one - I’ll post again as soon as I have more information on this.

-Daniel

Hi @Valeriia !

I’m not too familiar with the language that you’re using. I may be too late and way off, but I thought I’d throw it in here anyway just in case it’s helpful.

I wonder if this is the same problem that @supernova faced in Can't change column value(s)

I see

    value_json<-toJSON("{'index':3}")

    request_form<-paste(
'mutation {change_column_value (
        board_id: 347384734,
        item_id: 34239483,
        column_id: "status",
        value:',value_json,' ) {
                    id
              }

        }',sep = '')

And that made me wonder if you’re plugging your value straight into the query. In the above post mentioned, we discovered that there’s a problem with that query and variables is required for change_column_value.

Hope that helps

1 Like

I can attest to this. Good catch :hot_pepper:

Hi @Valeriia, you might wanna try using variables as suggested by @pepperaddict. I found that setting the value directly in query didn’t work for me & that was what caused the problem for my case.

Also as an FYI, a query that runs successfully in the GraphQL editor isn’t always a good indicator that the same formatted query will perform as well in code. Hopefully by now you’ve gotten past this issue though as I see it’s been a week since you posted…if not, then I really hope you get this resolved ASAP.

Rooting for your speedy success :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like