Expose Search Bar Query String in Monday SDK Context Object

Hi Monday Team,

Is there any way for you to expose the search bar query string in the Monday SDK Context Object?

Right now, if you call mondaySdk.listen("context"), you’ll receive a payload with information about the current session, but it would be great if this context object could update every time a user types in a character into the search bar so that our apps can respond to that and do thing like calling our API with the search term for more performant queries.

Cheers,
Chris

@basdebruin is this something you’ve needed or have workarounds for?

hi @mrautomation , Chris

Never ran into this one as I don’t do too much views, most of our apps are integrations.

@dipro is this something that Monday.com could expose?

@mrautomation – anything is possible :slight_smile: I’ve moved this to the feature requests section so we can prioritize it if we see more votes for it.

1 Like

@dipro Looks like 9 votes in 20 hours… seems promising to move to priority <3

1 Like

Very impressively played @mrautomation – we’ll take it internally and prioritize it.

1 Like

@dipro Thank you, good sir!

Is there a place where feature development can be tracked? We’re planning our own sprints and would like to know where to fit this enhancement into our plan. :slight_smile:

Also, if it helps to make the “search query string” a separate listenable event within the SDK to make sure things ensure backwards compatibility with current SDK consumers, that would work perfectly fine, too. Something like mondaySdk.listen("filter").then(filterArgs => filterArgs.search).

Creating the “filter” event will also create a platform for extending it to expose other filter methods within a board!

Cheers,
Chris

Hello @mrautomation!

We have our API changelog and our Apps changelog in which we post different changes we make.

We are working on new ways of communicating changes :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you for that feedback as well! I will share it with our team.

Cheers,
-Matias

1 Like

Thanks @Matias.Monday!

Do you know if this has been added to the backlog?

I shared how impactful this would be to Monday App Performance with @dipro.

Cheers,
Chris

Hello @mrautomation!

This has indeed been presented to our R&D team and is being reviewed.

Having said that, I do not have an ETA to give you about it.

We will probably share any changes at our changelog.

Cheers,
Matias

Hi, @Matias.Monday! Any updates on this one? This is very important for our Monday App to be as performant as possible.

Cheers,
Chris

Hello there @mrautomation!

I do not have an update on this yet.

Keep an eye open for the changelog!

Cheers,
Matias

Hey @Matias.Monday been while but checking in on the above once more. Thanks!

Hello @mrautomation,

This is planned for the future but no ETA yet.

Of course we will announce it when relevant :grin:

Cheers,
Matias