Finding "item ID" in the Activity Log

I’d like to do some analysis from the Activity Log on our account. I can navigate to the export of that for a set time frame, but the spreadsheet returned doesn’t provide the “item ID” number that would allow me to group activity for a given item.

Is there a way to include the “item ID” field in the download? Can that be done using the API query?

Hi @DougRay,

Welcome to the community!

There is no item_id field on activity_logs, but you could use the item_ids argument to query the activity log of specific items (check out the docs here). Would that be of any help?

query {
  boards (ids: 1234567890) {
    activity_logs (from: "2021-07-23T00:00:00Z", to: "2021-07-26T00:00:00Z", item_ids: [9876543210, 0000000000]) {
      id
      event
      data
    }
  }
}

Best,
Rachel

It appears this is called the “pulse_id”, which is consistent with the “Item ID” number that appears export of active items on the board export. I think that should get me there, once I figure out how to query the activity log.

Hello again @DougRay,

That is correct. The pulse_id is the item ID.

You can query de activity logs as @rachelatmonday explained in the previous comment. Depending on the event, you will see the pulse_id there or not.

Cheers,
Matias

1 Like